Random thoughts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Someone should invent:

* Pants that actually catch fire when you lie.

* A remote control to find my remote control.

* A pipeline to carry floodwaters from different parts of the country to California. It really needs water for fighting fires and droughts.

* A phone line to heaven.

* An underground railroad for emergency responders.

* Shopping carts with phone chargers.

* Bike lanes above cities, like skywalks, to keep cyclists safe and drivers happy.

* A vaccination t prevent meanness in humans.

* A dream recorder. I'd like to watch the good ones again and again.

* A way for people to have their own theme music, so when you meet them, you would immediately know if they are good or evil - like in the movies.

(thanks Reader's Digest)

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I watch police dramas, I always say to my wife, "Couldn't they do this without showing the suffering of the victims' families?" As I've gotten older, it's the pain in the people left behind that upsets me. I have a tremendous fear of my children having to deal with my death.
~Penn Jillette~

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always thought quicksand was gonna be a bigger problem than it turned out to be. You watch cartoons, and quicksand is like the third biggest thing you have to worry about, right behind sticks of dynamite and giant anvils falling on you from the sky.
~John Mulaney~

moreluck

golden ticket member
Take care of your friends because there will come a time when you're not much fun to be with and there is no reason to like you except out of long-standing habit.
~Garrison Keillor~

moreluck

golden ticket member
We only get the paper on Sunday. I was reading about a couple celebrating their 70th anniversary....the Romeros of Laguna Hills..

They are both from Columbia.

The part that caught my eye was her saying "We got our citizenship by following the law. If you do things legally, no one ever bothers you. No one ever bothered us."
Great story.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just a gripe about WalMart.

I go to our local Walmart a lot. I know a lot of the people by name and it's usually a good experience going there.

Down the cold medicine aisle is a support pole and barely enough room for the cart to go through either side of the pole..

Some idiot leaned a 9' ladder up against the pole. If it would be bumped by a cart, the ladder could fall and injure someone....also, the aisle is blocked.

I saw a guy....just a worker, so I searched out a lady I knew was a manager. I told her my safety concern and her answer was "It's not my area". So I told her that could be her answer when a kid gets killed by the falling ladder....."it's not my area." I've had dealings with her before........I keep asking myself, how did she get to be manager???

oldngray

nowhere special
Interesting facts to boost the general knowledge 002.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
One hard thing to explain to teens is how legitimately exciting it used to be when someone would wheel in an overhead projector.
~ Juliussharpe ~

moreluck

golden ticket member
Karma takes way too long, I'd rather just smack you right now.

I'm having one of those days when my middle finger is answering every question.

Ever feel like you are one :censored2: away from completely losing it?