Random thoughts

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
When Jaguar completed their comeback in 1988 with a well deserved victory at LeMans, nobody knew just how close they came to losing.

The winning car, Number 2, started jumping out of gear with an hour or so left. The driver was able to nurse the car, the gearbox was stuck in 4th, due to the tremendous torque produced by the 7 litre 60 degree V12. Jan Lammers finished 2 minutes ahead of the 2nd place Porsche 962C.

After the race it was discovered that the secondary input shaft was cracked. If Lammers had attempted to shift just once or twice more, the shaft would have disintegrated, tearing the gearbox to shreds and the race would have been lost.

upsoldtimer

A woman marries a man hoping he will change, and he doesn't, while a man marries a woman hoping she won't change, and she does...

DS

Fenderbender
Is this a Canadian thing,or is it something that needs to be addressed by Websters?
OK so if I have like 2 beers left in the fridge,I think,do I need to buy some tomorrow?
Then I realize,HEY...I've got a whole 'nother case!
--------------------------------------------------------
Websters
"A" whole' ^nother<case>
I thought the beer was gone but under the stairs,I found a whole 'nother case.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Is this a Canadian thing,or is it something that needs to be addressed by Websters?
OK so if I have like 2 beers left in the fridge,I think,do I need to buy some tomorrow?
Then I realize,HEY...I've got a whole 'nother case!
--------------------------------------------------------
Websters
"A" whole' ^nother<case>
I thought the beer was gone but under the stairs,I found a whole 'nother case.

I'm no "wordist" but I would say "there's a whole other case in the cellar"

menotyou

bella amicizia
525541_3232198142972_928621523_n.jpg
525541_3232198142972_928621523_n.jpg

DS

Fenderbender
My new avatar represents the dim light that is me,in a big black unforgiving universe,doomed to be sucked into the black hole before
my supernova.I don't think I'll survive the 11 hour days for 7 more years.
I'm 57 now,and I actually like the job,but they make it next to impossible every day.I want a planned 8.5 day,every day.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My new avatar represents the dim light that is me,in a big black unforgiving universe,doomed to be sucked into the black hole before
my supernova.I don't think I'll survive the 11 hour days for 7 more years.
I'm 57 now,and I actually like the job,but they make it next to impossible every day.I want a planned 8.5 day,every day.

So, you are telling us you are getting transferred to my center???? Bwhahahahahaha!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
In the Nov. 2012 issue of Good Housekeeping, there is an interview by the editor in chief, Rosemary Ellis with Michelle Obama and Ann Romney.
Ann looks great in a light yellow dress. Both women chose a kind of yellow......Michelle's is more yellowy-green.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today, we went to our Home Goods Store. OMG, they had so much Christmas eye candy. Lots of neat, shiny things !! Also, our Kohl's store had their Christmas trees and decorations all through the store and it's not even Halloween yet!!

DS

Fenderbender
I had a full time job at the post office when I was 18.
I quit to get a job with the Toronto Star hopping off
the back of a truck delivering newspapers.
If I had stayed there I would be retired and quite well off.
Just sayin'

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sayings on shirts and bumper stickers......

Without music, Life would B-Flat !!

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

If you love somebody enough you can still hear their laughter after they are gone.

When you have lots of things to do, get your golf game out of the way first.

Discover wildlife - Teach school!

NURSES: Here to save your ass, not to kiss it.

Horse Lovers are stable people.

If you stop believing in Santa, you get underwear.

Loved you then,
Love you still,
Always have,
Aways will.

A meal without wine is called breakfast.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Today, we went to our Home Goods Store. OMG, they had so much Christmas eye candy. Lots of neat, shiny things !! Also, our Kohl's store had their Christmas trees and decorations all through the store and it's not even Halloween yet!!
​Same at Walmart. We went up to Flagstaff Sat to get our Christmas tree permit. Can't cut it though until Nov 17th.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My Vegas daughter just became a guardian to my granddaughter's best friend, Aleah. She's a sweet girl, 15, and her mother is a tweaker....really bad!! No court involved, just the 2 moms making an agreement 'til June and to be revisited then.

There is also a younger child involved, but you can only do so much. Now, with the guardianship, she can make decisions for this kid.....medical, school, etc. She came with them last time they visited me and she was a good kid and a good little worker.

They will come at Thanksgiving time.