Rant: Drivers refusing to do their jobs!

Overpaid Union Thug

This little rant is about drivers that refuse to do their jobs correctly. Every center has them and their self absorbed and narcissist behavior only ends up screwing other drivers and the customers. My two main beefs are when they refuse to take NIs to the offices at apartment complexes and refusing to scan their misloads.

So, refusing to take NIs to the office is the worst. If an apartment complex usually averages 15 stops and one of these guys runs the route then the rest of us can expect to have close to 30 stops the next day! That's potentialy double the amount of trips we could have to make up and down flights off stairs and also double what we will have to carry or cart into the office. Thanks ARSE HOLES! And what is their lame excuse for not taking theirs to the office? Usually "I don't get time for that." Seriously? What? Who cares!!! You get paid (very well) by the hour! And I'm sure the customers really care whether or not a driver feels that they are getting an adequate time allowance to deliver their package. It just is an excuse. Plain and simple.

And thanks for not scanning your misloads too! I really enjoy searching the entire truck for a package while the customer is standing beside the truck only to come out empty handed and covered with sweat. TEAMster my butt! I wonder what the excuse is for that?

This concludes my rant. Happy Friday to everyone that does their jobs correctly. Everyone else......get bent!

"What did B-A-U find in his truck today?"

carnac-the-magnificent.jpg

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Teamsters? This sounds like burner traits to me. I alway$ have time to do my job by the method$.

Thebrownstreak

I will agree a bit to the part of the NI and not delivering to office. As for the second, whose to say it hadn't been found yet. I use to have a loader who simply had no clue how to read. There were many days that I wouldn't find a package that was misloaded till 1700. Now if the same driver then bags the package and just throws it on the belt at end of day than that's another story.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
This little rant is about drivers that refuse to do their jobs correctly. Every center has them and their self absorbed and narcissist behavior only ends up screwing other drivers and the customers. My two main beefs are when they refuse to take NIs to the offices at apartment complexes and refusing to scan their misloads.

So, refusing to take NIs to the office is the worst. If an apartment complex usually averages 15 stops and one of these guys runs the route then the rest of us can expect to have close to 30 stops the next day! That's potentialy double the amount of trips we could have to make up and down flights off stairs and also double what we will have to carry or cart into the office. Thanks ARSE HOLES! And what is their lame excuse for not taking theirs to the office? Usually "I don't get time for that." Seriously? What? Who cares!!! You get paid (very well) by the hour! And I'm sure the customers really care whether or not a driver feels that they are getting an adequate time allowance to deliver their package. It just is an excuse. Plain and simple.

And thanks for not scanning your misloads too! I really enjoy searching the entire truck for a package while the customer is standing beside the truck only to come out empty handed and covered with sweat. TEAMster my butt! I wonder what the excuse is for that?

This concludes my rant. Happy Friday to everyone that does their jobs correctly. Everyone else......get bent!

Are you in a bon(e)us center?

Overpaid Union Thug

Are you in a bon(e)us center?

Gee how'd you guess??? Hahaha

FilingBluesFL

My favorite part of today, was I found a misload for the guy next to me in the line.

So I had a few minutes between pickups, so I decided to run it. So I pull up to the house, and who's sitting there, but the guy missing the package lol "I wasn't missing one..." "I sent in a misload message, it probly dropped out." "Oh, ok." "I got this man, you got the other five, this ones mine!"

Nothing like seeing two trucks to deliver one residential stop lol

A lot of the apartments around here are starting to more and more NOT accept packages at the office any longer. Not sure why.

One apartment building I went to a few weeks ago, had like 15 of those Verizon return boxes sitting in the office, the two feet long and thin ones, just an empty folded up box.
So the new guy in the office says to me, "Oh hey, can you take these back with you? These people aren't here anymore." "Oh dude, just throw them away, it's just an empty folded-up box..." "Well, I don't want to throw away somebodies thing that they ordered..." "DUDE. It's an EMPTY BOX. If they haven't come back for it, and they won't, they sure as heck aren't gonna care if you threw it away after it sat here for a month."

"Oh no man, I just can't throw away somebodies box." "DUDE. SERIOUSLY. IT'S EMPTY CARDBOARD. FUGGEDABOUTIT."

The boss lady in the office stepped in and said she'd take care of it lol They were still there a week later......:funny::funny::funny:

FilingBluesFL

Though, this same guy I helped out, the day before yesterday, the bastard sheeting a signature required package as a Not In 1....

TO AN EMPTY VACANT HOUSE WITH EVICTION ORDERS TAPED TO THE FRONT DOOR.... REALLY GUY??????? SHeesssshhh...

Ill defend them and do a great job. For as stupid and entitled as they are I've got a whole line of Bullschitt that I can say to stall the progressive discipline.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Don't forget- this IS the hardest job in the world. Plus nobody ever has time to see their family so they tend to rush to get done. They DO have time to whine on BrownCafe though. Usually. Lol?

browned_out

Did a split route today, delivered a shipper release pkg with NI1 on it. Also found 3 calltags in the truck with nothing written on them, gotta love these runner gunners.

Ouch

Did a split route today, delivered a shipper release pkg with NI1 on it. Also found 3 calltags in the truck with nothing written on them, gotta love these runner gunners.
I love the runners, there usually the ones im representing in the office and I love the way management tries to treat them like royalty. Gets alot of my good brothers out of trouble cause the managers love the runners

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This little rant is about drivers that refuse to do their jobs correctly. Every center has them and their self absorbed and narcissist behavior only ends up screwing other drivers and the customers. My two main beefs are when they refuse to take NIs to the offices at apartment complexes !

I sometimes will get add cuts for apartments dumped on me from neighboring routes where the regular route would have them palled to like the 4000 shelf but by the time I finish businesses and pickups to do the add cuts, the office for the huge apartment complex has long since closed so NI is the only option. This may not be the case for you but it is here...

upschick95

We cannot scan misloads anymore in my center. We have to do it the old fashion way and send a message in. It drives me crazy we have the technology but they won't let us use it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Drivers are asking for trouble being lazy. All it takes is one complaint and a supervisor or center manager checking telematics and/or service cross and you have a nice warning letter or are put on notice.
I've seen it happen. A driver flagged a stop not knowing the home was retired UPS manager. One call later, driver had some "splainin" to do!