Rant

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I'm supposedly getting my very first warning letter.

Well, I got yo' white board now hot dog.

Between 1200 and 1300

includes everything BEFORE 1300. IE can't explain this phenom away, sorry!

If I sheet a package at 1300, that is actually after it turns 1300 or BETWEEN 1300 & 1400.
Sheeted after 1300, cl-1 after 1300, and I'm getting my first warning letter.

Not to mention a day I was forced to run something I barely know, 160 stops to the route driver's normal 140. Ya know, if you'd quit with the warfare maybe so many drivers wouldn't be hurt and you wouldn't have staffing problems.

U r not gonna fire me/make me quit a job I enjoy so u can pay someone younger and LESS INJURED than me.

But keep trying. It makes you look really stupid. You know some of us have more on you than you ever will on me, because unlike you, I have integrity and good judgement. I know what my assets are and I'm smart enough to know how to use them.

Stop abusing all of your employees.

Creeps.

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you do get that piece of B.S. called a warning letter, make sure you rebut. Let me know if you need ammo, I mean help.:wink2:

DS

Fenderbender
If I sheet a package at 1300, that is actually after it turns 1300 or BETWEEN 1300 & 1400.

Is it just me that fails to comprehend what this warning letter was for?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
According to UPS a 1 hour period which to most people is 60 minutes long is actaully 61 mintues. I asked once if this works for my lunch hour too. Think about it if UPS says lunch is 1200 to 1301 shouldn't we all be taking a 61 minutes lunch?

upsgrunt

In our center, sheeting Closed between 11:59 and 1:01 gets gigged for sheeting closed business between 12 and 1. I think that is what she is trying to say- it's a magical 62 minute hour.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We have had the same problem in our center: anythjng sheeted 11:59-1301 is an instant warning letter. File a grievance and it will be dropped. My supervisor told me it was 'just business, don't take it personally' . I encouraged him to take the grievance personally

ymelord

I’m probably close to a record for the most warning letters in a career at UPS, not something I’m happy about, but I make sure it cost UPS as much money as I can for it. You’re on the clock when you discuss it with the boss take as long as you can to defend yourself, make sure you have someone with you (always) in the meeting for protection, and so they have to pay two. Drive back to the stops you can’t get, don’t worry how long or stupid it seems its more money for you. Harassing me with warning letters hasn’t paid off for them.

over9five

Staff member
We have had the same problem in our center: anythjng sheeted 11:59-1301 is an instant warning letter. File a grievance and it will be dropped. My supervisor told me it was 'just business, don't take it personally' . I encouraged him to take the grievance personally

That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm supposedly getting my very first warning letter.

Well, I got yo' white board now hot dog.

Between 1200 and 1300

includes everything BEFORE 1300. IE can't explain this phenom away, sorry!

Not to mention a day I was forced to run something I barely know, 160 stops to the route driver's normal 140. Ya know, if you'd quit with the warfare maybe so many drivers wouldn't be hurt and you wouldn't have staffing problems.

U r not gonna fire me/make me quit a job I enjoy so u can pay someone younger and LESS INJURED than me.

But keep trying. It makes you look really stupid. You know some of us have more on you than you ever will on me, because unlike you, I have integrity and good judgement. I know what my assets are and I'm smart enough to know how to use them.

Stop abusing all of your employees.

Creeps.

Creeps...lol .....you are so a girl!!

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Yes, for sheeting a package as "Closed b/t 12 and 1", only it was sheeted and stop-completed AFTER 1.

My on-car tried to verbally warn me a couple weeks ago, but that one was 1301 and he said he would have to look into it. I never heard anything else until today. So now we have failing to follow proper disciplinary proceedures in addition to micromanagement and harassment. Not to mention the fact the the business is probably closed every Friday and should never have been loaded in the first place.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That warning letter will come in handy for lining a bird cage or a litter box. But as far as it being any sort of legitimate basis for discipline....its not going to be worth the paper that its written on. At least you can take some comfort in the fact that you and your shop steward will both make $30 an hour to sit there in your supervisor's office and listen while he reads it out loud to you. And your supervisor will probably be happy too, because its one more BS warning letter to help him meet his weekly quota and maintain the illusion that he is actually contributing something meaningful to the operation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, for sheeting a package as "Closed b/t 12 and 1", only it was sheeted and stop-completed AFTER 1.

My on-car tried to verbally warn me a couple weeks ago, but that one was 1301 and he said he would have to look into it. I never heard anything else until today. So now we have failing to follow proper disciplinary proceedures in addition to micromanagement and harassment. Not to mention the fact the the business is probably closed every Friday and should never have been loaded in the first place.

In my center we are instructed to sheet known closures as CLO H. These can be sheeted at any time of the day and will not show up on the 12-1 report.

I had a NI 1 between 12-1 yesterday and received an ODS asking it if was commercial or residential.

Johney

In my center we are instructed to sheet known closures as CLO H. These can be sheeted at any time of the day and will not show up on the 12-1 report.

I had a NI 1 between 12-1 yesterday and received an ODS asking it if was commercial or residential.
We sheet pkgs NI all the time between 12 and 1. It's when we sheet them CLO when they scream. NI = Resi.....CLO = Business.
Now that I think about it doesn't the DIAD prompt you to answer 1 Resi or 2 Commercial when you hit stop complete?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We sheet pkgs NI all the time between 12 and 1. It's when we sheet them CLO when they scream. NI = Resi.....CLO = Business.
Now that I think about it doesn't the DIAD prompt you to answer 1 Resi or 2 Commercial when you hit stop complete?

Yes. She did everything right. She sheeted it as CLO 1 at 1300. I would have done the same. I guess we are supposed to wait until 1301. Whatever.