Rate Increase

guyinthebrownbox

We are the highest overall.

Express charges a bit more in certain markets.

We are awfully close to the price point of becoming overpriced.

This is what concerns me. I see people complaining about our services sometimes on top of being high priced. I realize the few complaints I see are merely dust in the wind compared to our total customer base.

One of our local stewards mentioned a top pay rate increase for drivers next contract. Don't get me wrong, I'm always up for more money, but once again I hope the higher pay rate and shipping rate increases don't hurt us in the long run

guyinthebrownbox

Also for what it's worth, our building's volume is up 10% at this time of year compared to last. Our local union is confident the company is doing just fine. Still making hand over fist money

dudebro

We are the highest overall.

Express charges a bit more in certain markets.

We are awfully close to the price point of becoming overpriced.

This 2016 comparison would indicate that UPS and FDX are comparable, and USPS is much cheaper but not guaranteed day definite. FDX hasn't announced their rate increase for 2017 yet, but the one they announced in Sep 2015 for 2016 was 4.9% also.

Compare Shipping Rates: FedEx vs. UPS vs. USPS [NEW 2016 Infographic- Cheapest shipping costs]

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
It just irks me that they only listen to the bean counters and not the troops.

This.

They were doing construction on a major one-way street on my route last week. Road closures all throughout the day. My ORION called for 26 miles. I told dispatcher turn off ORION, as my trace would be horrible. He actually listened to me and agreed.

Guess who drove 22 miles that day?

This.

They were doing construction on a major one-way street on my route last week. Road closures all throughout the day. My ORION called for 26 miles. I told dispatcher turn off ORION, as my trace would be horrible. He actually listened to me and agreed.

Guess who drove 22 miles that day?
Did you charge them extra for using your brain?

Everyone seems to look at $1.27 billion dollars profit in a quarter and compares it to their household budget, and acts like it's obscene.

The fact is, 440,000 employees contributed to that. That's $2,900 per person.

It's not so massive when you compare the scale of the income with the scale of the company.
That number is not correct. You forgot the dividends and stock buy backs.
And whatever other accounting BS they pulled.

dudebro

That number is not correct. You forgot the dividends and stock buy backs.
And whatever other accounting BS they pulled.

It's net income, and all companies follow the same rules.

Dividends and stock buy backs are also something lots of companies do.

It increases the stock price, and if you don't own UPS stock and benefit that way, you own a share in a mutual or pension fund, that owns companies who do, and you still benefit.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Everyone seems to look at $1.27 billion dollars profit in a quarter and compares it to their household budget, and acts like it's obscene.

The fact is, 440,000 employees contributed to that. That's $2,900 per person.

It's not so massive when you compare the scale of the income with the scale of the company.

And of those 440,000 - how many actually handle cardboard?

dudebro

More than half. But do you think the company could compete without the functions that don't handle cardboard?