Rate of driver training pay

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Sleeve_meet_Heart, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

When you goto driving school "orientation" what is the correct rate of pay?

The company is telling me $100 a day, but my hourly rate is almost double that.

Is there any wording in the contract regarding this?

2. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

When I went to driving school I was paid by the hr at 10$. (had to go look at the paycheck) that was back in 05.

Sleeve, aren't you back east? Your contract will be different than mine.

3. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Thanks. That is one question I have - is there contract wording? I do not see it.

4. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

The language is going to be under your Region or Rider or Local Supplement. I do not see any language in National Master. I can look at my Western Region but it won't do you any good.

5. Diego

Diego New Member

I thought it was 80% of FT driver pay and then you go thru progression.

6. User Name

User Name Only 230 Today?? lol

u cant make less than 15.00 an hour or so. if you make more u should be paid what you make now

7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

My current rate is 23.68 or something like that. 3+ years FT seniority, I'm out of progression. HR told me I only get $100 per day for training.

If I grieve it, I know it will be torn up or traded away. Union is a sellout.

How do I get the correct pay? Or find out what IS actually the correct pay? Nothing in supplement or ntnl agreement that I see. I am assuming I get regular rate of pay for all hours worked, but how do I get it? Union won't help, ever. Get a lawyer? lol.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You should get your regular rate of pay plus mileage plus a meal allowance.

9. No such person

No such person Southern Ct.

When I did it in 2006 it was $100 a day, the hours didn't matter.

10. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

Sleeve, you're under the New England Supplement, which says $100 is all you get if you are already a full timer. Oddly enough, if you were a part timer, you would get your $23.68 per hour rate.

11. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Interesting, I definitly missed that! Is it newer language maybe? Thank you.