Rate of driver training pay

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When you goto driving school "orientation" what is the correct rate of pay?

The company is telling me $100 a day, but my hourly rate is almost double that.

Is there any wording in the contract regarding this?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
When I went to driving school I was paid by the hr at 10$. (had to go look at the paycheck) that was back in 05.

Sleeve, aren't you back east? Your contract will be different than mine.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When I went to driving school I was paid by the hr at 10$. (had to go look at the paycheck) that was back in 05.

Sleeve, aren't you back east? Your contract will be different than mine.

Thanks. That is one question I have - is there contract wording? I do not see it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The language is going to be under your Region or Rider or Local Supplement. I do not see any language in National Master. I can look at my Western Region but it won't do you any good.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My current rate is 23.68 or something like that. 3+ years FT seniority, I'm out of progression. HR told me I only get $100 per day for training.

If I grieve it, I know it will be torn up or traded away. Union is a sellout.

How do I get the correct pay? Or find out what IS actually the correct pay? Nothing in supplement or ntnl agreement that I see. I am assuming I get regular rate of pay for all hours worked, but how do I get it? Union won't help, ever. Get a lawyer? lol.

JonFrum

Sleeve, you're under the New England Supplement, which says $100 is all you get if you are already a full timer. Oddly enough, if you were a part timer, you would get your $23.68 per hour rate.
Article 57 --- Seniority
Section 1(d)
All time spent in Company orientation programs will not count toward the acquisition of seniority. People attending orientations will be paid a daily rate of one hundred dollars ($100) for full time and thirty dollars ($30) for part time. Part timers going to full time orientation will be paid at their current part time rate or whichever is greater.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sleeve, you're under the New England Supplement, which says $100 is all you get if you are already a full timer. Oddly enough, if you were a part timer, you would get your $23.68 per hour rate.

Interesting, I definitly missed that! Is it newer language maybe? Thank you.