rattlesnakes

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 542thruNthru, Aug 22, 2013.

1. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Anyone know if any drivers have ever been bit by one? I came very very close today. Just wondering if I would have been the first sorry SOB to suffer from that. It makes me wonder how my on road would have reacted. Because 911 would have been the 1st number called. I'm sure I would have been written up.

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

"Can you finish your route before you call 911?"

"And come in early tomorrow to recite the 6 Keys to Avoiding Poisonness Snake Bites"

3. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

It's after 5 you have to wait until the Doc in a box is open tomorrow.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

It's just a sprain, keep working.

5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Bend at the knees and kiss your @ss goodbye

6. Theking30

Theking30 SHORTY

I am sorry, but your team care does not cover that!!!!
    local 89 VOTE NO

7. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Was the snake injured? Do you think he will call the hotline? Proper hydration prevents everything

8. WhereDoIWorkAgain

WhereDoIWorkAgain New Member

I don't know about ups drivers on duty (I imagine sometime in the 100+ years someone has been hit somewhere sometime.) but I can tell you that while I was in the airforce in California at least 2 people were struck while working on planes and they weren't reprimanded for stopping and seeking emergency medical assistance, though one was reprimanded for killing the snake for identification.

9. rod

rod retired and happy

No rattlesnakes or any poisonous snakes at all where I live. Solves that problem.

10. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

Stay alert
    Not friendly
    Always attempt delivery
    Know the facts (what?)
    Escape after delivery

11. 542thruNthru

That actually went thru my head after. I can see my on road saying. "Ok call 911 and give them a 15min meet point"

12. 542thruNthru

I could just imagine that pcm the next day. Also the interigation I would have to go thru. Stupid questions like. "Did you look before you stepped? YES THE DAMN SNAKE WAS UNDER THE STEP!!! "Well thats the problem you didnt stay away from billboards"

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

No Rattlers in my parts, but more than one snake back in the building. They will bite you too if you don't protect yourself. I use "unionism". Snakes hate it!

14. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

I have never seen any up here. But, have always heard they are here. Is the rattle good to hear,or is it too late when you hear it?

15. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

The Fred Ex driver on my rural area was bitten by a rattlesnake a few years back. He dialed 911 and was told to drive himself to the hospital because it was too far away for the ambulance to get him! He saved about 30 minutes taking himself to the emergency room. His leg was huge when he got there but he is OK now.

16. jaker

jaker trolling

Man up just take a step other way , where I live and deliver I deal with snakes a lot so they dont bother me as much

17. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

I think there's only 1 rule. Don' get bit.

18. MethodsMan

MethodsMan Active Member

haha, I almost peed my pants laughing at this!

19. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Mini derail... Found this yesterday.
    A Chinese man's son, 13, sleeps next to his pet snake.

Bingzhe said his family has cared for the black python for 19 years since it was just an egg.

Now, it has grown to 4-meters long and weighs nearly 100 kilograms. The albino Burmese
    Python has been a family pet for about 10 years.
    [​IMG]

20. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

If figured you would have pooped your pants. My bad !