Re-hire???

MtroSth76

Well I am/was a seasonal driver, not inside the hub. What do they look for after peak when considering hiring a seasonal full time driver?

Genesis2

Thank you all for the uplifting words! I hope your loader will get better. In due time. I want to work for the company because of what they offer and the pension is sweet too!

MtroSth76

I know. No crashes, shows up on time, gets the job done with no ?'s asked.....I'm not trying to be a smarta**, it's just that I'm looking for positive answers. I have no other source of income coming in right now, so please be understanding. Just hoping for a good outcome, that's all.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I know. No crashes, shows up on time, gets the job done with no ?'s asked.....I'm not trying to be a smarta**, it's just that I'm looking for positive answers. I have no other source of income coming in right now, so please be understanding. Just hoping for a good outcome, that's all.

If you made a good impression on them during peak, but no that full-time is offered at a 6 inside to one outside ratio. Odds are long but it can be done. Good luck to you

Genesis2

Hello All, I load 3trucks this morning with a trainer and I was told I did well. I had been talked in the office in a good I was told. Having a positive attitude with the supervisor is helpful moving at a good pace and minimal misloads are truly helpful. Today was my first day and I did well it physical work and I must be back tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is Jan 15 so as said b4 I hope to be working Monday! Good luck with them calling you back in. They may ask midsth7676 to work preload if not the full time shift take it to get your foot in the door. Call them everyday!!!!

AlphaMikeBravo

Don't take it personal if you haven't been asked to come back. UPS has contractual obligations to fill driver positions at a 6 to 1 ratio. That means after peak, the protocol is to let go of all the seasonal drivers and replace all the full time driver positions with inside part-time workers who signed up to be on the waiting list. The hub is allowed to hire 1 outside worker so management is going to make sure that if they do use that 1 slot to hire from the outside, they will use it for a driver who is the cream of the crop, or its one of those "who you know" situations.

My advice to you if you do not get asked to come back is to network with some of the full time supes inside the hub and ask if they have any hub positions open. Then go to human resources and grab the first part-time inside job that comes your way. Always come in on time, (not a second past your start time, this is important, because the Center Manager has to approve your request - you want your HR record to be clean). Then work as directed and wait. Once your in, sign the waiting list to become a driver as soon as your eligible. (Find out from the shop steward, the shop steward is your friend). Always follow up with HR to make sure your name is officially on the list! UPS can track a package to Madagascar but papers tend to get lost inside a HUB. Hang tough and Good Luck!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hello All, I load 3trucks this morning with a trainer and I was told I did well. I had been talked in the office in a good I was told. Having a positive attitude with the supervisor is helpful moving at a good pace and minimal misloads are truly helpful. Today was my first day and I did well it physical work and I must be back tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is Jan 15 so as said b4 I hope to be working Monday! Good luck with them calling you back in. They may ask midsth7676 to work preload if not the full time shift take it to get your foot in the door. Call them everyday!!!!

I remember my training days. I got left loading 4 trucks by myself 2 hours after getting there. This of course was on the old system. We all get such good training from the supervisors. Now they just train people to stack out and load from the pile on the floor at the end of the day.

Genesis2

Hello member no kidding shortly after I made my post from earlier,HR called and I was told I'm being kept on. Praise God! Sent me my email once we got off the phone to fill out some info on my application. Monday will be the first day of my 30days... Yes the union Stewart's are helpful being is a must.. Your attitude is helpful being willing to learn and being quick on your feet. O yeah keep the misloads down. I'm happy you guys. Just take what they give at firstCall Call Call

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Well I am/was a seasonal driver, not inside the hub. What do they look for after peak when considering hiring a seasonal full time driver?
Ask @brown jake. He says you can be a driver in 5 minutes. Never mind the contract although I highly doubt Mr Jake has ever read the contract.

But he did quit before because PT was too hard for him and then he got hired back on so he thinks he will be a ft driver this year.

I'm sure he will explain how to get on at ups. He's an expert apparently at this company

barnyard

KTM rider
All the PT temp help in my building were already offered permanent positions. The ones that were not interested were let go.

I would guess that if you have not heard, you probably are not staying.

Genesis2

Persistence is key... Loading trucks isn't easy work but many people don't want to do that job to start out at ups... Let them know you want to stay and work for this company