Re-looping

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I solve the problem every morning I scroll through my EDD so I know what's suppose to be on my truck than I plan and run my route the most efficient way for the load that I have that day.

When they piss me off I Run the EDD the way it is set up.
BTDT!!!:happy-very:

packageguy

I found out today, they are re-looping our building again, after last
holiday, PAL SUP changed so many route, he did something wrong
deleted alot of things, everything screwed bad. All this money
wrong people running the show

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I found out today, they are re-looping our building again, after last
holiday, PAL SUP changed so many route, he did something wrong
deleted alot of things, everything screwed bad. All this money
wrong people running the show

LOL, we got put on EDD/PAS about 6-7 years ago. The IE people were all nice and wanted every driver to set up his/her route just the way they wanted to run it. Just before we went live, one of the engineers (a new-hire just for this project) decided to tweak the loops. He deleted everything but the rural routes. Basically, they had to start over.

To the OP, ask for a printout of your DOL after you get it set up to your liking. You'll be surprised how it will evolve with time.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! that pas system is not worth the powder to blow it up!!!! when they (management) gets involved they will have it all screwed up. nothing is in order in your diad board. your just getting pas?? do you have diads yet?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Another benefit of being a satellite driver! Have relooped my own area long ago. I load using the address label only. Do not know what a PAL label is! As of yet, no one has told me to run the route by their trace.

barnyard

KTM rider
So how exactly does that conversation go the next day?

"What happened yesterday?????"

"What do you mean??"

"You're quite a bit over."

"I dunno, I ran the route the way EDD told me to. You guys are the experts, you tell me what went wrong."

That ends it. It has happened twice since PAS/EDD was implemented.

barnyard

KTM rider
Also, I worked really, really hard to set my route up. One day, I even took the whole list home and worked on it after supper. Everything was set up perfect. Then, the dispatcher started making tweaks. Every tweak effed things up a little, every time I tried to correct the tweak, things got effed a little worse. One morning, my boss told me to sit down and get it all fixed. I had a head explosion.

PAS/EDD was touted to investors as a system that would save UPS millions. It could easily do that, if only management would listen to what their drivers had to say.

They won't, so the savings will be significantly less.

It's too bad, really.

DS

Fenderbender
It has been working out ok,I still have to make them understand a few things to perfect it.
The IE guy is working on the belt,doing add/cuts and he said my max is going to be set at 75 stops,which I'm good with.
I guess a lot of guys are having a hard time adjusting ,but I've been co-operative and I guess he likes me because at the pcm he mentioned my name.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
It has been working out ok,I still have to make them understand a few things to perfect it.
The IE guy is working on the belt,doing add/cuts and he said my max is going to be set at 75 stops,which I'm good with.
I guess a lot of guys are having a hard time adjusting ,but I've been co-operative and I guess he likes me because at the pcm he mentioned my name and gave me this.
Thats OK, ot all works great while the IE guy is there. Problem is they leave. And while I would love to post a photo of what you get then, the TOS does not allow me to do so.

I have to agree with barnyard. There are things that it could save big money on and provide better service to the customer at the same time. But alas, there are huge disconects between the idea and implimentation.

d

DS

Fenderbender
I'm starting to see what you mean Danny,the reasoning to the trace seems to be based on a route with no commits no regard for physics,and no pickups.One good thing is I can meet with the driver next to me easily.We can switch stops and help each other.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm starting to see what you mean Danny,the reasoning to the trace seems to be based on a route with no commits no regard for physics,and no pickups. One good thing is I can meet with the driver next to me easily.We can switch stops and help each other.
You will regret that statement. They are eliminating an air driver to help with late air. Then, when telecrapicks comes, they can send you a message to go help that driver next to you. Or, any other driver in any direction. You refuse, warning letter for not working as directed. Doesn't matter if your kid has a ball game or recital.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Then, when telecrapicks comes, they can send you a message to go help that driver next to you. Or, any other driver in any direction. You refuse, warning letter for not working as directed. Doesn't matter if your kid has a ball game or recital.
Telematics has nothing to do with it at all. Its that way now, and has always been that way. Call center, and they send you everywhere.

DS, I delivered a route for quite a while where the 4-5 drivers depending on dispatch would meet at 1:30 for lunch. We would eat, then go back out and split up the dispatch to help out whom ever needed to get in that night. Some days, no one needed in early, so we split the stops to where everyone got in decently. But that only works if the drivers involved are a "team" and not some of the "team members" that post here.

But now the all seeing, all knowing "I" runs everything according to his agenda.

All Hail "I"!

d

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I set up my entire route stop for stop. Then the economy tanked and half my route went to the guy next to me. Now I get 50 stops a day from a route that wasn't set up by a driver. I considered re-tracing this section but screw it. For some reason I just don't feel like giving extra effort any more.

DS

Fenderbender
Telematics has nothing to do with it at all. Its that way now, and has always been that way. Call center, and they send you everywhere.This is true,we've had telematics for 6 months already.I've been getting "'call center ASAP" messages for years.

But now the all seeing, all knowing "I" runs everything according to his agenda.

All Hail "I"!

d
Danny,it's not "I",its "THEY"