Re-to all new ups people just starting out

"son, you might be here for eighty years you might be here for one hundred but if all your going to do is worry whats the point of being here at all"

That's a great way to look at things! I assume your pops has very few if any regrets with an outlook like that. I'm going to look back at this quote when I get stressed because it puts things in perspective.

I agree that Truckers comment was a great one for those new to UPS as well as those that have been here a short time. I've met plenty of people that left UPS with millions. Unfortunately it's tougher these days with UPS being a public company and pinching pennies but it's still very possible if you know how to save. I'm seven years into my UPS career and contribute to 401K and buy discounted stock through payroll deductions. Now if I could just control my spending..............

T

trucker1946

I have read all your comments and do appreciate your responses, in the short time I have been in the cafe I have had the honor and pleasure of making many new friends,this means alot to me,I tell it like it is in order to help the new folks in life experiences.Thank you for being there :thumbup1:

browniehound

I live a pretty simple life. Don't have a lot of luxuries, contribute to the 401(k), etc. My one problem is i spend about 250 a week on booze and resturaunts. If i didn't drink, i could probably retire at 45. Oh well:confused:1