Read Between the Lines - Update to UPS Contract re: Retiree Healthcare Costs

BrownBlue

New Jack
Remember when you talk about the PTers being the largest voting block, that only dues paying members can vote on a contract. From what I understand in the Right to Mooch states, PT membership is not that high compared to FTers. I wouldn't really want our contract decided by non-members anyway, they would rather just mooch off whatever we fight to get.

oldngray

nowhere special
with Central States its $100 per month per year of full time credit. Capped at $3500 I think. I had 34 years ( 8 of those part time ) so I get $2800. And the satisfaction of being able to relax now = priceless

downtime8763

This goes back a ways, but I haven 't forgotten how my full-time brothers went on strike in 1976 in order that the wages and benefits of the part-time employees be equal to the full timers. They realized that in fact this was also to the benefit of full-timers because it would reduce the incentive for the company to turn a massive number of jobs into part-time work. Unfortunately, this contract was undermined with the splt wage for part-timers that was approved in a later contract.

And in 1976 we played cards and drank beer with the center mgr and supervisor while on strike,do you think that would EVER happen again ????? :)

Bad Gas!

Pipe dream Feeder rumor in the south is that UPS is going to level out pensions nationwide at 5k per month after 30 year...There is no reason southern drivers shouldn't get the same pension as other drivers throughout the United States..

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pipe dream Feeder rumor in the south is that UPS is going to level out pensions nationwide at 5k per month after 30 year...There is no reason southern drivers shouldn't get the same pension as other drivers throughout the United States..

Ok correct me if
I'm wrong but other than central states the union runs the pensions so why don't they decide who gets how much?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not really they have snow lol. More than anything it has to do with cost of living. It's the same reason ups driver isn't quite the prized job in LA or NY that it is in more rural areas.

upsset

Different pension plans have different funding levels and therefore different payouts. Some (like upstates plan) have a higher payout but I believe they also pay for their healthcare out of pocket. Also, I would think you all aspire to some day be one of those retires so I would carefully consider what finanacial burdens you are willing to put on them.

kingOFchester

Pension's should be equal..Pkg car work down here for thirty years is just as hard as it is up north and out west...!

I can see both sides. However, one could say my pension here should buy me the same things that a driver from bum-funk usa can buy with his pension.