Reading Glasses

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by joesmith, Aug 23, 2014.

1. joesmith

joesmith Member

Ok so im getting older and started using reading glasses I need them to read the diad and address on the packages… this sucks I find myself not making 9.5 as easy as I used to, do reading glasses really slow you down that much i switch from sunglasses to reading glasses all day.

2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Get prescription bifocals.

3. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

Well say it takes you 5 seconds to switch, then you have to switch back so that's another 5 seconds. Multiply that by a couple hundred times, and you're looking at a half hour of time over the day just switching your glasses.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like much doing it a couple times, but if you have to do it a lot over the course of the day it really adds up.

Personally I was surprised myself how much it ended up when I ran 10 multiplied by 200 then divided by 60. It came out to 33.3(repeating). I wear glasses myself, but I never really thought about the time it would take to remove them and put something else in place.

4. get yourself a pair of progressive and transition lenses. You'll pay a little extra for the progressive lens but it looks much better than the bifocals.

5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Reading glasss are going to be the least of your 'slow-downs'.

6. I traded my bifocals In,for progressive.
    I like them much better. their is some trade off,in clarity.

7. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

And with transitions...no more sunglasses...I've lost so many pairs of sunglasses over the years...lol

8. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I got bifocals so I wouldn't have to switch.

9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

The OP only need reading glasses so bifocals wont work.

What you need is a eyeglass strap. That's what I use. Quick on and off. I also keep my sunglasses in the truck. I take them off before I get out of the seat.

Getting old sucks but it sure beats the alternative!