Reading Glasses

joesmith

Ok so im getting older and started using reading glasses I need them to read the diad and address on the packages… this sucks I find myself not making 9.5 as easy as I used to, do reading glasses really slow you down that much i switch from sunglasses to reading glasses all day.

Nimnim

The Nim
Well say it takes you 5 seconds to switch, then you have to switch back so that's another 5 seconds. Multiply that by a couple hundred times, and you're looking at a half hour of time over the day just switching your glasses.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like much doing it a couple times, but if you have to do it a lot over the course of the day it really adds up.

Personally I was surprised myself how much it ended up when I ran 10 multiplied by 200 then divided by 60. It came out to 33.3(repeating). I wear glasses myself, but I never really thought about the time it would take to remove them and put something else in place.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok so im getting older and started using reading glasses I need them to read the diad and address on the packages… this sucks I find myself not making 9.5 as easy as I used to, do reading glasses really slow you down that much i switch from sunglasses to reading glasses all day.
Reading glasss are going to be the least of your 'slow-downs'.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The OP only need reading glasses so bifocals wont work.

What you need is a eyeglass strap. That's what I use. Quick on and off. I also keep my sunglasses in the truck. I take them off before I get out of the seat.

Getting old sucks but it sure beats the alternative!

DeeGood

Banned
I feel your pain, the only difference is that I was prescribed to wear computer glasses as my eyes started to itch everytime I hang online, the pain became irresistible sometimes.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
I bought reading sunglasses at readinglasses.com. but your just kicking it down the road. will have to go prescription within 3 or 4 years

over9five

Staff member
I have bifocals, love them.
Tried progressives, but I hated them. Almost made me dizzy walking with them. TRY before you buy....

oldngray

nowhere special
557.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Saying that it happens overnight is true.......I was reading the tiny print on the stock page on a Wednesday and on Thursday it was blurry. I'm good with the 99 Cent store kind. I've got them all over the house.

oldngray

nowhere special
Saying that it happens overnight is true.......I was reading the tiny print on the stock page on a Wednesday and on Thursday it was blurry. I'm good with the 99 Cent store kind. I've got them all over the house.
Sometimes you can get lucky with those cheap readers being close to what you need. I have a pair I use around the house sometimes. My vision isn't bad enough for me to wear my bifocals all the time. I am even legal to drive without them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sometimes you can get lucky with those cheap readers being close to what you need. I have a pair I use around the house sometimes. My vision isn't bad enough for me to wear my bifocals all the time. I am even legal to drive without them.
My eye doctor left it up to me.....prescription glasses or readers........I took the more frugal route.