Reason 5732 why we need representation!!!

FedExer267

Contractors new thing going thru my building atleast is they want to dock pay. I personally have not been hit with this yet but it is probally coming. We have a guy who was told Friday that he was going to recieve 200 dollars less a week. That would be under minimum wage are you kidding me. We dont make enough now for what we do never mind we dont get any kind of benefits. This driver walked off and told his contractor have fun doing my route since he covers over 300 miles a day. What a joke!!!

bbsam

Staff member
Doesn't sound to me like he needs representation. He just represented himself. Maybe when you outgrow your Granimals you can do the same. :wink2::peaceful:

FedExer267

well Bbsam he was back at work today on a new route with a diffrent contractor who will pay what he was making. Some contractors value a hard worker some take total advantage. The said thing is FedEx dosent pay you enough to keep happy employees and to you everyone is expendable which will bite you in the butt someday. So you know I out grew my toddler clothes along time ago but Id be more and happy to deliver you some baby wipes so you can clean yourself off after Fred poops on you too!!! It is inevitable it is going to happen you see your just as expendable to Fred as we are to you.:peaceful:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
well Bbsam he was back at work today on a new route with a diffrent contractor who will pay what he was making. Some contractors value a hard worker some take total advantage. The said thing is FedEx dosent pay you enough to keep happy employees and to you everyone is expendable which will bite you in the butt someday. So you know I out grew my toddler clothes along time ago but Id be more and happy to deliver you some baby wipes so you can clean yourself off after Fred poops on you too!!! It is inevitable it is going to happen you see your just as expendable to Fred as we are to you.:peaceful:

That's right, everyone is expendable at FedEx. Totally disposable. We are Fred's toilet paper, but he's going to find out soon that the paper has been treated with pepper spray. When good people aren't treated with respect and proper pay, they leave. Good drivers are not that easy to find.

bbsam

Staff member
Gosh fellas. I think we are in agreement. The driver was fed up, walked and was immediately picked up by another contractor willing to pay better. Seems to me it all worked out, and the first contractor now has to decide whether or not to change his business practices or deal with the turnover. No union, no negotiating, just action and consequence. Pure, clean, business. Now when will your cajones drop so you too can take action? Or do you fear nobody would want to hire you at a better pay? You've kinda talked yourself up in the past as far as your abilities...maybe not so sure of yourself afterall?

Expendable? Absolutely, positively in every circumstance except to our mothers. Sometimes even that is in question.:wink2:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Gosh fellas. I think we are in agreement. The driver was fed up, walked and was immediately picked up by another contractor willing to pay better. Seems to me it all worked out, and the first contractor now has to decide whether or not to change his business practices or deal with the turnover. No union, no negotiating, just action and consequence. Pure, clean, business. Now when will your cajones drop so you too can take action? Or do you fear nobody would want to hire you at a better pay? You've kinda talked yourself up in the past as far as your abilities...maybe not so sure of yourself afterall?

Expendable? Absolutely, positively in every circumstance except to our mothers. Sometimes even that is in question.:wink2:

You're pretty full of yourself.

Just wait until Fred and his buddies screw you over.

And they will.

Then you can keep us up to date on your latest job search. :happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member

And they will.

I am very full of myself. I am so full of myself that I often can't contain myself and puke parts of myself all over the place projectile style. I am so incredibly happy to be me that sometimes I cry myself to sleep in gratitude to God that I am me. "I do love me some me!" is a phrase that I have adopted for myself. I'm sorry if you can't feel the same about yourself and your position.

Just out of curiosity, what has been happening lately in the contractor lawsuits?

How 'bout it Richochet? You're usually pretty reliable with this kind of info.

FedEx courier

I am very full of myself. I am so full of myself that I often can't contain myself and puke parts of myself all over the place projectile style. I am so incredibly happy to be me that sometimes I cry myself to sleep in gratitude to God that I am me. "I do love me some me!" is a phrase that I have adopted for myself. I'm sorry if you can't feel the same about yourself and your position.

Just out of curiosity, what has been happening lately in the contractor lawsuits?

Why even give this guy any time. He sounds like he's hitting the pipe again.:happy2:

fxdwg

Long Time Member

And they will.

bbsam has been awarded a Complimentary "Supporter" for two Posts.

I think all of you are full of crap and bbsam is correct!!!

He knows much about FDXGROUND and he should be allowed to support his position without a bunch of whining cry babies posting nonsense!:angry:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

They're right. FedEx will screw you. The latest Illinois ruling on Ground drivers was that they were employees. Granted, there may be increased opportunities for you as a contractor, or maybe things will go against FedEx. That's when you will find out just what a great guy Fred S is.

FedExer267

Bbsam dont think for a minute that old FedEx wont throw you under the bus if its in their best intrest. When this scam comes to a end you will be right there beside us delivering packages because you will need income. I hope you get all you can why the time is right but just know its a matter of time before things change and you will be left holding the bag.

quadro

Bbsam dont think for a minute that old FedEx wont throw you under the bus if its in their best intrest. When this scam comes to a end you will be right there beside us delivering packages because you will need income. I hope you get all you can why the time is right but just know its a matter of time before things change and you will be left holding the bag.
So let me make sure I understand this correctly. After all, I'm an Express guy not a Ground guy.

The Ground drivers are suing FedEx to be recognized as employees. There was a recent court ruling stating that they are employees. Do I have that right so far?

Now, you said "its [sic] a matter of time before things change and you will be left holding the bag". Aren't things changing because the drivers sued and won? So isn't that what they want? Change? Why would they be left holding the bag if they get what they want? Seems to me that they should have left well enough alone if that's the case.

bbsam

Staff member
They're right. FedEx will screw you. The latest Illinois ruling on Ground drivers was that they were employees. Granted, there may be increased opportunities for you as a contractor, or maybe things will go against FedEx. That's when you will find out just what a great guy Fred S is.
Do you have a link to that article? I've not been able to find that info. Thanks.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Spot on!

Hey bbsam, when you start delivering packages, don't forget to get a signature at all residentials that are SIGNATURE REQUIRED. And don't forge them like most Ground drivers do. But I suppose you look the other way when your IC's I mean employees do this.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you have a link to that article? I've not been able to find that info. Thanks.

It's in the FedEx Forums titled as "Judge Miller". The drivers were ruled to be employees in Illinois, but I suspect they were single vehicle operations. If this ruling gets extended, wouldn't they also be deemed to be "employees" under the multiple vehicle contractor plan? Does this simply mean that FedEx settles with the single vehicle operators and moves forward with the multiple plan, or does the "employee" dynamic change your operations substantially? If they are FedEx employees, why have an intermediary (you)? Unless the working rules change substantially, those drivers should be employees no matter what the contractor arrangement is.

This is where you need to be very wary of FedEx. They are going to do what's right for them, and if that means leaving you out in the cold they won't have a second thought about it.

bbsam

Staff member
I cannot answer those questions except to say the California model and the ISP models out east have settled litigated concerns. So a legal scholar of those cases would probably be able to explain better. What I do know is that through it all the contractor model has been maintained and there has never been any move in the direction of making contractors into employees of Fedex. The drivers for the contractors have been recognized as that and not employees of Fedex. Why? Probably because I'm the one who witholds the taxes, pays for the workman's comp insurance etc.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Soak it all in why you can Sam, the gravy train will end and you know it. I just cant quite understand why you just dont admit that when FedEx is done with you, you will be put out to pasture.

bbsam

Staff member
Soak it all in why you can Sam, the gravy train will end and you know it. I just cant quite understand why you just dont admit that when FedEx is done with you, you will be put out to pasture.
I'm looking for the evidence that what you say is true. If I thought it to be true, I'd sell out in a moment. But you know as well as I do that the "evidence" put forth around here comes from questionable sources with axes to grind. You also must know that Fedex has had some pretty good experience in modeling the contractor model to fit IRS and judicial review. So you would have me forgo a six figure income on the opinions of some overly zealous Fedex haters? Not realistic.