Reasons a driver would want to go into Management

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You have the desire to make the company better and improve operations. You want to promote teamwork and create a positive work environment.
You would like to implement some cost saving initiatives while maintaining or improving customer service.
You want to improve delivery efficiency by fixing dispatch problems instead of pushing increased productivity.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You have the desire to make the company better and improve operations.
You want to promote teamwork and create a positive work environment.
You would like to implement some cost saving initiatives while maintaining or improving customer service.
You want to improve delivery efficiency by fixing dispatch problems instead of pushing increased productivity.

You will be splashed like the bug waiting for the windshield on the highway. :sad-little:

I can vaguely remembering such thoughts ... thanks for the memories.

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!
You have the desire to make the company better and improve operations. You want to promote teamwork and create a positive work environment.

My vote for the best reason! WOW!

You would be roasted on I.E.'s BBQ grill like a burnt and shriveled up hot dog.

JustTired

free at last.......
you have the desire to make the company better and improve operations. You want to promote teamwork and create a positive work environment.

no promotion for you................next!!

City Driver

some1else said:
id like to go into managment so i could let my body go like they do. wouldnt it be fun to be able to walk around morbidly obese and not worry about breaking would hip getting off a 800

we have a dispatch supervisor and a operations manager who are both easily over 400 lbs

i watched one today pick up something off the ground, it took him about 15 minutes

and the other literally can barely walk, he takes 10 steps and is out of breath............everytime i ever see him if hes not sitting he is leaning on something and sweating.....no joke, every single time

hes so fat his legs have bowed

not to mention hes a heavy smoker.....people like that disgust me, i guarantee he doesnt live past 55

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Tell the driver you hated when you were a driver: I'll get someone to help you with those stops later...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
we have a dispatch supervisor and a operations manager who are both easily over 400 lbs

i watched one today pick up something off the ground, it took him about 15 minutes

and the other literally can barely walk, he takes 10 steps and is out of breath............everytime i ever see him if hes not sitting he is leaning on something and sweating.....no joke, every single time

hes so fat his legs have bowed

not to mention hes a heavy smoker.....people like that disgust me, i guarantee he doesnt live past 55
When he dies, you can pee on his grave.

some1else

Banned
"and the other literally can barely walk, he takes 10 steps and is out of breath..........."

we have one like that we call him "darth" (vader). honestly... how do you let youself go like that? a driver went managment 1 year ago and i swear he went from 150-160 to over 200 and is about 5'8"

gwood

Thanks brownmonster for supporting those managers who do try to make a difference. My on-road might be young and female but she works hard and really does care about her drivers. She's here when we come in and still here when we leave. Unfortunately she'll probably burn out soon and UPS will lose a good employee!

City Driver

Thanks brownmonster for supporting those managers who do try to make a difference. My on-road might be young and female but she works hard and really does care about her drivers. She's here when we come in and still here when we leave. Unfortunately she'll probably burn out soon and UPS will lose a good employee!

we had a dock supervisor here, was a former driver

made the mistake of going to management and regretted it soon after

he was a hell of a guy, he really was...very religious.....he was the fairest person from any management team ive ever seen, he really cared about his employees

unfortunately his superiors was always on him for something.....he worked 14 hour days, on SALARY....he finally got tired of it, and before he put in his 2 week notice asked if he could start over as a driver....he knew there was a 99% chance they would say no, and they did say no

he was replaced by, no lie, a 19 year old and a 600 lb dispatch supervisor who is hated so much anywhere he goes people do whatever it takes to get him out which is why hes always movin around

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

I don't care who you are, that's funny stuff right there!