Receivers that are "too busy" to sign

DS

Fenderbender
You know the type,they scoff at your sense of urgency,tell you they'll be there in a minute.
Well I must admit today I had enough of these guys.I'll try to keep this brief.
I had an overweight today for a place that does trade shows.I knew it was important,
and believe it was a server for the I.T. dept.The usual receiver Katy,was off at some show,
and as has happened many times in the past,nobody even wants to acknowledge my presence.
In fact the only guy there told me straight out when I asked who could sign for it,said ,I don't care,
I'm not the receiver.
I've known the receptionist for years,and called the front desk and told her I was having trouble
getting a signature.Well what do ya know,but the CEO and the warehouse manager and a the I.T. guy
all show up at receiving.I got my signature:)
3 people you should never piss off,the police,the mafia and your ups driver.

Indecisi0n

I use the "I need to go, if you aren't willing to sign now then i'll be happy to bring it back tomorrow." I say this as I am stepping backwards like im walking out. They either come running or its a NR1.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I use the "I need to go, if you aren't willing to sign now then i'll be happy to bring it back tomorrow." I say this as I am stepping backwards like im walking out. They either come running or its a NR1.

The package was an overweight---would you really want to deal with it the following day?

oldngray

nowhere special
Almost anytime I left and said see ya tomorrow I would get a message later in day that they called in and have to have that package today and I have to go back (no credit for extra stop of going back of course).

menotyou

bella amicizia
Almost anytime I left and said see ya tomorrow I would get a message later in day that they called in and have to have that package today and I have to go back (no credit for extra stop of going back of course).
You didn't get paid to deliver it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are directed to go back to or have a misload for a delivery stop it is an additional stop----if you go back on your own or find a package you couldn't find earlier it is a duplicate stop.

If you deliver air only and then go back to deliver the ground it is still just one stop.

Indecisi0n

The package was an overweight---would you really want to deal with it the following day?

He said an overweight not a huge recliner. If I know its a trouble stop I would have left it in the truck before attempting the signature. Just like I do when a house has 15 sig requires and it looks like no one is home. Work smart, not hard.

upsgrunt

If you are directed to go back to or have a misload for a delivery stop it is an additional stop----if you go back on your own or find a package you couldn't find earlier it is a duplicate stop.

If you deliver air only and then go back to deliver the ground it is still just one stop.

I totally disagree, but it's been gone over too many times.

Always learn the most important persons name at any business. When someone in back "doesn't care", mentioning that Mr Smiths package will just get returned to sender then will usuall get that signature fairly quick.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Air first and ground second is NOT a 1 stop delivery. I will ONLY use dup if I have a stop and the "loader" seperates multiple pieces on different shelves, I won't dup that. If I overlook multiple pieces or am in a hurry and just miss it, then I will dup that.

Ok, back on topic

JackStraw

I think we all have receivers on our routes who are total :censored2: control freaks. They have to let us know that they are in charge and they could give 2 ****s you got 150 stops today. Kiss their ass, get the sig. and move on.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I think we all have receivers on our routes who are total :censored2: control freaks. They have to let us know that they are in charge and they could give 2 ****s you got 150 stops today. Kiss their ass, get the sig. and move on.

Wrong, if they want my respect then they should give me some too. This goes for my own bosses too. I'm pretty adamant about that.

I don't usually have problems getting a signature. I'm not invisible and if you treat me like I am, I'll make sure you see me. But in the end, I get paid by the hour and I can sit here all day and wait for you to give me a signature. (figuratively speaking of course)