Receivers that are "too busy" to sign

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When you scan a pkg at the bottom on the diad, there are touch screen options.
One reads dup. Small arrow left,touch dup,it won't count as a stop.
Hit the dup button at every stop! and show zero stops per hour! That will make your boss very happy! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT ON A REPORT!!! Driver X zero stops per hour 10 hours over!!!

Lets know how that turns out for ya.

cino321

There is no way that my center manager would allow a 100 piece bulk stop to be RTS'd simply because no one wanted to sign for them.

There is no way that I would even think about RTSing a 100 piece bulk stop without first running it by my mgt team.

There is no way that I would work around a 100 piece bulk stop all day and would do all that I could to get rid of it.

Do you know how much work is involved with RTSing a 100 piece bulk stop? Not to mention how much work went in to getting it all the way to the delivery point just to have you make an "executive decision" that inconvenieces everyone involved.

Just curious, what was their reaction when you came back the following day?

Lol it's not my first day pal. Management gave me the okay. I have plenty of room in a 1300 don't you worry.

The next day was great I had no issues.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Wouldn't it make more sense to call the folks from the outlet village and tell them about what time you would be at the storage unit?

Is that a service we offer?

Is the company now providing its drivers with cell phones so that we can call the customers in order to make delivery arrangements?

The underlying problem here is that the customer is having packages shipped to a location where no one is available to sign for them. It is not reasonable for them to expect us to call and wait while they drive across town to come sign for them. They need to either (a) have the storage unit staff sign, (b) leave signed delivery notices or (c) sign up for MyChoice and do an electronic signature.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is no way that my center manager would allow a 100 piece bulk stop to be RTS'd simply because no one wanted to sign for them.

There is no way that I would even think about RTSing a 100 piece bulk stop without first running it by my mgt team.

There is no way that I would work around a 100 piece bulk stop all day and would do all that I could to get rid of it.

Do you know how much work is involved with RTSing a 100 piece bulk stop? Not to mention how much work went in to getting it all the way to the delivery point just to have you make an "executive decision" that inconvenieces everyone involved.

Just curious, what was their reaction when you came back the following day?

Im not going to wander all around a customers building for 20 minutes begging for a signature.

If the underlying problem is that no one at a business is willing to sign...then having to pay shipping charges in order to reship the 100 piece bulk stop we RTS's will help them to develop that willingess in the future. Sometimes you have to force the issue, if you dont they will just keep jerking you around every time to try to make a delivery.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I RTSed a 200 piece stop one time. It was a hardware store distribution center that didn't bother to tell me that they would be closed for inventory when I delivered the day before. This was about twenty years ago in the good old days when management had our backs. I was driving a van (straight truck), and they were the first bulk stop. This place had a reputation for jerking drivers around. I called my supervisor, he drove out in a P-1000 and took the boxes off of me. UPS didn't play games back then.

Tiny Panda

The center can message me and I'll tell then between 10:30-11:59 or 1:01and 4:59. I'm not required to call anyone.

Exactly, it's not my job to call anyone, i don't get paid for my phone calls. Plus the outlet village is only 5 mins away but it will easily take them 30 mins to get someone to come down and sort it out. They're just not bothered in the slightest.

Our center manager just got fed up with it and having to have a driver wait for them. The other storage unit round the corner that has units for the outlet will happily sign for anything, them i will happily help out as much as possible.

Piss off your UPS driver and you'll get no help

menotyou

bella amicizia
When you scan a pkg at the bottom on the diad, there are touch screen options.
One reads dup. Small arrow left,touch dup,it won't count as a stop.
*hands over eyes* I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you...........

:winks: Thank you.

kingOFchester

Wouldn't it make more sense to call the folks from the outlet village and tell them about what time you would be at the storage unit?

Will Scott Davis give me a few of his stock options?
Will my Sup lend me his 2nd car so I can get to work my car is in the shop?
Will UPS give me a phone to make such calls?
Will UPS pay for my boots?

If they don't give above and beyond the contract, why should I? Perhaps back in the day when I was given a turkey. When they actually celebrated founders day. When they gave out safe driving awards. But now they want to give us nothing that isn't contractual. So I think it is best that I don't give anything more then what I am contracted to do.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Will Scott Davis give me a few of his stock options?
Will my Sup lend me his 2nd car so I can get to work my car is in the shop?
Will UPS give me a phone to make such calls?
Will UPS pay for my boots?

If they don't give above and beyond the contract, why should I? Perhaps back in the day when I was given a turkey. When they actually celebrated founders day. When they gave out safe driving awards. But now they want to give us nothing that isn't contractual. So I think it is best that I don't give anything more then what I am contracted to do.

Make friends with your mechanic and he might be able to help you out at a reasonable price.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center recently pushed our start time forward to 9:30 (9 on Mondays). My first ground delivery stop is Walmart. The receiver likes to take her break between 9:45 and 10. She could care less that our start time changed and will take her break unless I call her to let her know that I am on my way.

Why do I do this? It is much easier for me if I get rid of Walmart first rather than having to work around it and go back. Yes, I could go there, knock on the door, be told she is on break, scan the air and leave a delivery notice, but it is so much easier to call her just before I leave the bldg.

If it were my area and I knew that I had to have someone meet me at a delivery point I would most certainly call them ahead of time.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Our center recently pushed our start time forward to 9:30 (9 on Mondays). My first ground delivery stop is Walmart. The receiver likes to take her break between 9:45 and 10. She could care less that our start time changed and will take her break unless I call her to let her know that I am on my way.

Why do I do this? It is much easier for me if I get rid of Walmart first rather than having to work around it and go back. Yes, I could go there, knock on the door, be told she is on break, scan the air and leave a delivery notice, but it is so much easier to call her just before I leave the bldg.

If it were my area and I knew that I had to have someone meet me at a delivery point I would most certainly call them ahead of time.
Must be nice to be high enough in seniority to not have to worry about being furloughed for the day because drivers like you make it easy for UPS to cut routes.

S

serenity now

all walmart delivery in our coverage must be delivered by noon (same as nda) PITA