Recently Terminated--NEED Help

klein

Für Meno :)
Holy crap, The Other Side and I are in complete agreement.

No doubt ! Nice to see that ! :)

Think of it as a pizza delivery driver: He was too slow to get to his customer, and pizza is cold.
(but was there before, said no problem).

Well, guess what, they got sick of cold pizza !

Sick and tired of it, while others get thiers hot and fresh.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My question is: why is it when I was trained on-route, the supervisor insisted that I sheet any NDA that was going to be late before 10:30 even if it was delievered after that?

Why is it that the company can set a standard like that, then fire someone else for the same exact dishonesty it preaches?

whiskey

Hi I was hoping somebody would be able to let me know where I stand. I was fired about 7 business days ago. I had scanned packages away from their delivery points and sheeted them NI, or CL. Most of the time it was with NDA. At businesses were I was familiar with my customers and they gave me the Ok. Then I would bring the packages by some time later that day. I was doing this for a while. I Knew it was wrong but I didn't think I'd get fired for it with no warning or write up.

Eventually some shipper complainned, and Loss Prevention GPS'd a bunch of my deliveries. I admitted everything and explainned to them that anytime I did it, it was understood with the customer. But they didn't care- they said the shipper is the only one who matters and called it Falysification of Documents. So, I was wrong for doing it. I've been with UPS for 8 years driving for 3.5. My record is clean and I didn't have a bulleye from management. I hear Most managers are actually quite surprised they let me go so abruptly. I knew I was wrong but never thought I would lose everything for it.

Does anyone know what the chances of me getting my job back are??
Thanks
Yes, you'll get your job back. Just don't ever do that again.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You will probably get your job back, especially if you're a bonus driver. We recently had a guy get canned who made you look like a boy scout. You name it, he was doing it, including signing for business stops before they opened and leaving the stuff on the dock. In addition he was breaking every safety rule we have, no seat belt, bulkhead door open, key in the ignition and engine running all day, etc. They followed him around for a couple days and documented all this stuff, so they had him cold. He was also running 2-3 hours under every day sooo....guess who's back?
They did make him sweat for a couple weeks though.
Remember, it's all about integrity :wink2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Just the stuff you admitted to is unbelievable. Can't imagine what else you do. Sadly, if you get your job back you will go right back to the same bad habits.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree with Over and have no sympathy for the OP.

As they should. Sorry, no sympathy from me. You falsified DIAD entries to make your job easier, and you cheated our customers.

I hope you're more honest in your next job.
As do I. Stupid is as stupid does.

We had a driver that transfered out of our ctr to one that had telematics. Within a few months he was terminated for the same thing. He did not get his job back. It was proven dishonesty. He got away with it here but it did catch up to him.

I will sheet an air late rather than risk losing my job. If I get a warning letter then so be it. If the rte is too heavy then it needs to be fixed. Late air tends to force that action.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Wrong yes,but I thought they couldn't use the technology against you!! I remember before Diad I had a dress shop that never opened before 1;00 pm I would still go & leave her NDA at store across the street.Just in case it was a set up or the owner came in early.As Over said, the shipper is the one paying for it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wrong yes,but I thought they couldn't use the technology against you!! QUOTE]

COVE,

this is exactly the reason drivers continue to do things that are dishonest.

Article 6 clearly gives the company the authority to remove a driver using the GPS technology.

I would suggest you read it and clear up your misunderstanding.

:peaceful:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Maybe I mis understood ,but like I said ,he was wrong and I do it by the book.No matter what goes on during the day,I couldn't be fired for dishonesty!! I'm just slow...

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I think you need to find another place of employment. When I was a coverage driver in Package, I hated to run behind this one driver. He would not pick up a call tag pkg if it was the last pkg on earth. I would have 20-30 calltags to clean up on a weekly basis. I always said that as long as he had a job, I had no worries. He was finally canned for not picking up the Call tags, and "inventing Packages" to deliver

UPSSOCKS

Wow,
I hate the Union and %92 of it's workforce but I am all about breaking rules to make the customers happy and yourself look better. I like you, put your resume in for management. Dishonesty is the foundation of this company. Managment is corrupt and the Teamsters are as crooked as the day is long. People will beat you down but the truth is everyone around you Management as well as Scum (hourly) have done something wrong. Find out what that is and blackmail them until you get your job back. Now Go!!!! May the wind be at your back and may god help you find dirt on everyone involved in your situation.

raceanoncr

Wow,
I hate UPS and %92 (or is that 92%, I don't know, I'm so stupid) of it's workforce but I am all about breaking rules and making a fool of myself and make myself look better. I like you, I'd like to date you. Dishonesty is the foundation of this company. Managment is corrupt (so's my spelling, he, he) and the Teamsters are angels. People will beat you down but the truth is everyone around you Management as well have done something wrong. Find out what that is and do the same wrong thing to them until you get your job back. Now Go!!!! May the wind be at your back and may god help you find dirt on everyone named UPSSOCKS.

Geez, you're making it too easy. I like challanges but this is like bringing a stick to a gunfight and you got the stick!

Go do yer little jabs on here but I like to match wit's with somebody that's got some ammunition and you...uh...well...bye.....

Oh, and threaten some more. That'll always work, AGAIN!!!

Just_another_day_at_work

My question is: why is it when I was trained on-route, the supervisor insisted that I sheet any NDA that was going to be late before 10:30 even if it was delievered after that?

Why is it that the company can set a standard like that, then fire someone else for the same exact dishonesty it preaches?

I agree. There is no such thing as "do it as they trained you" now days. I would be out of job in a few days. For me I got a good sup trained me back then, but I got a few routes that other sups came out with me, man I can tell you the book got lost somewhere.:sad-little:

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
No doubt ! Nice to see that ! :)

Think of it as a pizza delivery driver: He was too slow to get to his customer, and pizza is cold.
(but was there before, said no problem).

Well, guess what, they got sick of cold pizza !

Sick and tired of it, while others get thiers hot and fresh.
Just like with us and gps. Thats why now they have thoes heat packs that plug into the cigerette lighter to keep the pizza hot till it gets to your house.

Bad Gas!

Wow,
I hate the Union and %92 of it's workforce but I am all about breaking rules to make the customers happy and yourself look better. I like you, put your resume in for management. Dishonesty is the foundation of this company. Managment is corrupt and the Teamsters are as crooked as the day is long. People will beat you down but the truth is everyone around you Management as well as Scum (hourly) have done something wrong. Find out what that is and blackmail them until you get your job back. Now Go!!!! May the wind be at your back and may god help you find dirt on everyone involved in your situation.

There is a lot of truth in this statement.....Mgt covers there assets more easily than union employs...so it gets sweep under the rug more...Bottom line..everyone makes mistakes...Honesty is best policy..

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sorry, no sympathy from me.

I agree and have no sympathy for the OP.

I have no sympathy for him.

:peaceful:

Sadly, if you get your job back you will go right back to the same bad habits.

Stupid is as stupid does.

I think you need to find another place of employment.
Wow, I hope none of you rocks this boat too hard. People that don't even like each other are in agreement here.