Receptionist told me she called complaint on other driver..lol

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The heart of our business.next day airs and servicing the customer. Something a customer needed so badly they spent a premium to have it delivered, but they can't have it because of some stupidvisor's stupid reports. It's almost like they want us to go out of business sometimes.
85% of the deliveries in my yesterday were Ground. It isn't the heart of our business.

Plus if it's so vital to your business, why wouldn't you have someone available to sign for it or God forbid pay for saver instead?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
85% of the deliveries in my yesterday were Ground. It isn't the heart of our business.

Plus if it's so vital to your business, why wouldn't you have someone available to sign for it or God forbid pay for saver instead?
I know you haven't been at ups long but one of the first things you should have learned is we don't make squat off ground pkgs. air is our $$ maker, if you are in management , you should know this

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I know you haven't been at ups long but one of the first things you should have learned is we don't make squat off ground pkgs. air is our $$ maker, if you are in management , you should know this
I've seen the numbers. My center doesn't make squat off of the NDA. If you're in a big area NDA makes money hand over fist. When you're sending it up in a half empty charter plane you aren't making anything. Our highest profit pieces are 2 Days because it gets trucked in.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I don't do too much snooping around when it comes to getting signatures. My voice is loud enough that anyone should hear "UPS, HELLO" within 100 or so feet.

Overpaid Union Thug

Lol... Receptionist told me that she called a complaint on other driver because he went into office, nobody was at front desk, and walked to back and asked CEO of her company for signature..... for the package...

My first professional reply was, im sorry for the inconvenience, but we are under pressure and just need someone to sign...so we can complete stop. we apologize and hopefully it wont happen again..

But then i exlpained, that i would of done the same thing, we announce ourselves and patiently wait for about 8 seconds..then need to keep moving, our job is to get the customer the package..... by all safe means... i told her we walk into every office, knock and announce ourselves if its the ceo or cleanup lady, i treat everyone the same... my job needs to get done.

i bet if it was his Apple Iwatch it would of been ok... just saying..
I will search a business thoroughly for someone to sign as long as it's not a sprawling complex. If we aren't permitted in other areas than I am known to slap an info notice on the front desk/counter and keep on trucking.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lol... Receptionist told me that she called a complaint on other driver because he went into office, nobody was at front desk, and walked to back and asked CEO of her company for signature..... for the package...

My first professional reply was, im sorry for the inconvenience, but we are under pressure and just need someone to sign...so we can complete stop. we apologize and hopefully it wont happen again..

But then i exlpained, that i would of done the same thing, we announce ourselves and patiently wait for about 8 seconds..then need to keep moving, our job is to get the customer the package..... by all safe means... i told her we walk into every office, knock and announce ourselves if its the ceo or cleanup lady, i treat everyone the same... my job needs to get done.

So did she call in the complaint because she was ordered to by the CEO or was it because she got caught goofing off when she should have been at her desk taking care of business?

SandW357

I bet more the receptionist got chewed out for not being at her "post" and she passed it off on the driver. Either way, I'm trying whoever I can to get signature.

ManInBrown

I hate it when the person working at a business can't take 2 seconds to sign. I'm sure the customers won't mind. I walk into a smallish size shoe store the other day. One employee in the whole place behind the counter with 2 customers in line. Real old guy who's working says to me you'll have to wait a few minutes till I'm done with these customers. I felt like telling him that I'm sure the 2 customers won't mind if you take 2 seconds to sign. Didn't even bother. Chuckled at him and said it doesn't work like that. We'll try again tomorrow. NR1. Cya

margaritaville

Whenever a customer gets mad at me i find it hard not to smirk. Because im in the union and not gonna get fired unless for dishonesty. I just dont take angry people seriously cause i know im working hard and they couldnt handle this job probably.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't do too much snooping around when it comes to getting signatures. My voice is loud enough that anyone should hear "UPS, HELLO" within 100 or so feet.
To me, hollering "UPS" is way more rude than walking past the secretary's desk or into the back room looking for someone to sign.

Maybe its just an Oregon thing, but the folks on my route have enough common sense to not get all butt-hurt if they see me walking around looking for a signature. I has package. I needs signature. Normal person not there, so I looks for someone else to sign. Hell, half the time the person who winds up signing for it apologizes to me for making me spend extra time looking for a signature!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I was delivering, I ran into a few places where you would go into the business and meet somebody who wouldn't sign because "I'm not authorized" I'd say it doesn't matter to ME who signs. If they still refused to sign and there wasn't anybody around who would sign, I'd ask them their name and they would usually ask "what do you need my name for?" I'd say "I consider this a refuse to sign, RTS. This way, the shipper AND your company knows who I made contact with and wouldn't sign for it." This would usually bring an amazing about face and signature.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

You should start delivering to that office at 4:59pm for about a month or so, just to punish them for calling in a stupid complaint.

If not, they may not learn their lesson to not call in stupid complaints.