Receptionist told me she called complaint on other driver..lol

ManInBrown

I beep at every single house stop. Even routes I know well. But I have the beep down good. It's just a tap, but it's enough to alert any dogs that might be outside which saves me from getting bit. Hollering UPS at every stop is ridiculous. You look like a maroon walking into a Drs. office hollering UPS. It's flat out rude.

Dr.Brownz

I sent you a PM to let you know how I felt about your use of profanity and did not care to hear your response.

I also reported your repeated use of that same profanity in successive posts.

Is your vocabulary so limited that you have to use profanity to express your thoughts?

LOL good for you that you have enough time to get offended at words on the internet superstar. I don't know how you find the time with all the boxes of Fedex paper your re-delivering.

newfie

Shifting contents... im one of the good guys, im going to be the better guy and say sorry if your offended by any of my comments..

why would you apologize to the guy? He jumped in on your post and called you stupid by comparing you to some guys that aren't even here anymore( Kinda cowardly?) and you apologize to him to show him you're the better guy? I wouldn't apologize to him. If anything it was pretty rude.

StopTheAct

why would you apologize to the guy? He jumped in on your post and called you stupid by comparing you to some guys that aren't even here anymore( Kinda cowardly?) and you apologize to him to show him you're the better guy? I wouldn't apologize to him. If anything it was pretty rude.

Well, i dont deal with bull:censored2:. But i am the better person... i always give a person a chance, even though they may seem like a punk.... im not here be on bull:censored2: with a coworker... let him be a bitch.. but thats not me..

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I beep at every single house stop. Even routes I know well. But I have the beep down good. It's just a tap, but it's enough to alert any dogs that might be outside which saves me from getting bit. Hollering UPS at every stop is ridiculous. You look like a maroon walking into a Drs. office hollering UPS. It's flat out rude.
When i was promoted to Full Time in the 80's I was trained to Attract Immediate Attention by calling out Hello UPS when i entered a business, and to also rattle my keys to attract more attention. Be it Rude or Moronish by your terms, it was part of the Methods

newfie

Well, i dont deal with bull:censored2:. But i am the better person... i always give a person a chance, even though they may seem like a punk.... im not here be on bull:censored2: with a coworker... let him be a bitch.. but thats not me..

well I do think he was a bit rude in his approach at the same time I'm not sure the use of profanity here will show us your best side. Take a deep breath and then join in without all the spice...:)

StopTheAct

Ok, guys.. and Girls.... i cant even belive that i am replying to some of these comments... i would love to meet some of yall one day and see what your really about...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I sent you a PM to let you know how I felt about your use of profanity and did not care to hear your response.

I also reported your repeated use of that same profanity in successive posts.

Is your vocabulary so limited that you have to use profanity to express your thoughts?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1434942854.759167.jpg

ManInBrown

When i was promoted to Full Time in the 80's I was trained to Attract Immediate Attention by calling out Hello UPS when i entered a business, and to also rattle my keys to attract more attention. Be it Rude or Moronish by your terms, it was part of the Methods

My honest opinion. In the 80s I don't think it would be rude. People in general were probably more friendly back then. In 2015 people are isolated and wrapped up in their own little world. It's just a different world. I have seen old people I have delivered to be shocked when I ring the bell and leave the package and walk away. Like they couldn't believe I didn't stand there waiting for them to answer and hand them the package. Maybe my explanation or opinion doesn't make much sense but hollering UPS when walking into an office, in my mind is somehow rude in 2015

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I have been delivering parts to Joe at Joe's garage every day for the last 20 years, there isn't any point in hollering out "hello UPS" when I walk in there. Joe is either sitting behind his desk or crawling around under the hood of a car, and either way he isn't going to leap to his feet and come running over to me to sign for his package. For the most part I agree that we need to follow the methods but not to the point of making asses of ourselves in front of customers we have known for years.

rod

Retired 22 years
Years ago there was a case where a UPS driver opened a door and hollered ""UPS at a residential stop. Yes that's how it was done "back when". Anyway a few miles down the road a sheriff deputy pulled him over and said he had some explaining to do. It appeared a little boy in the house had told his mother a strange man had opened the door and hollered "your penis".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I have been delivering parts to Joe at Joe's garage every day for the last 20 years, there isn't any point in hollering out "hello UPS" when I walk in there. Joe is either sitting behind his desk or crawling around under the hood of a car, and either way he isn't going to leap to his feet and come running over to me to sign for his package. For the most part I agree that we need to follow the methods but not to the point of making asses of ourselves in front of customers we have known for years.

Conversely, if you don't see Joe sitting at his desk, shouting out "Hey, Joe" would attract his attention and expedite the delivery (unless, of course, he has a dog.......)

StopTheAct

Alot of us know our customers and know exactly what to do... to get in and out..we walk right into offices knowing who signs and where to put their packages... but there is always a time or two that we deliver somewhere, we dont know what their normal driver does... do i hate when a customer gets mad at the huy they never seen before...

If I walk into an office and don't see or hear anyone, I call out "It's Ups, I need a signature" If I still don't hear or see anyone, Ni1....jeez we're not trying to find a cure for cancer

Dr.Brownz

well I do think he was a bit rude in his approach at the same time I'm not sure the use of profanity here will show us your best side. Take a deep breath and then join in without all the spice...:)

Why are you guys all so sensitive about profanity? We are truck drivers. Every morning at my center there is swearing and vulgar sexual comments/motions. Hell one morning a dude got down to his boxers and told the supervisor he had a package for him!

Dr.Brownz

Is that the same place?

box_beeyotch

Wow.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read on here and I know who Klein and tieguy are.

Do you even drive?

How about this? We're doing our job and I'll walk wherever I feel like it whenever I feel it to get what needs to happen done. They could take that concern and fist themselves with it in their hand.