Record amount of lateness?

badupser

Giggling is right, like two little school girls. How about you worry about yourself unless his attendance effects you, then be a man and ask him? How do you know he's not taking care of a sick relative with cancer? Instead of you and the sup holding each others junk as you scour over other employees reports, how about you go do your job and let the sup's do theirs?
I'm actually friendly with the man of topic. We sometimes a hang out outside of work. I indeed told him we viewed his record after we did it and we all had a laugh. He said "well, if their not going to stop me than I'm keeping the streak alive". Nobody's scouring, nobody has cancer. Why so bitter? sounds like your the one with the scouring problem. This was merely a topic of humors management policies and general workplace anomalies that make working at ups truly unique. I've learned to laugh and take everything with a grain of salt in my 9 years (except my safety and my pay). If I didn't I'd hate every minute of my workday.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I'm actually friendly with the man of topic. We sometimes a hang out outside of work. I indeed told him we viewed his record after we did it and we all had a laugh. He said "well, if their not going to stop me than I'm keeping the streak alive". Nobody's scouring, nobody has cancer. Why so bitter? sounds like your the one with the scouring problem. This was merely a topic of humors management policies and general workplace anomalies that make working at ups truly unique. I've learned to laugh and take everything with a grain of salt in my 9 years (except my safety and my pay). If I didn't I'd hate every minute of my workday.

It rubs people the wrong way when you do anything with a supervisor, much less, checking the attendance of another employee with a supervisor. Let the supervisors worry and check another union employee's records, or go into management if you are that concerned. It's just not your place. Sounds like the late man doesn't care. But I would imagine going over employee's records with other hourly workers is a privacy violation, and if it happened to the wrong person, could get your supervisor friend is deep duke.

The fact that a management person showed you the other employees file and then admitted that they let them come in late that many times tells me they should no longer be in management at least not at company like UPS. I guess that is what is left for management protecting my retirement....... now I'm scared

Packmule

I'm on vacation this week and just went in to pick up a package for my wife. Almost 10:00 am and my truck was still sitting in the building because the cover driver hadn't shown up. No call, nothing! Management has no idea what's up.
How can people live with themselves?

tacken

Recently for giggles me and my supervisor looked up the attendance record of my coworker who is notoriously late. We never believe we'd find he has been late a grand total of 167 TIMES! from July'14 to July'15. Can anyone beat that? Keep in mind there are 104 weekend days in a year and he takes is 2 weeks vacation, 10 personal/sick days and 9 holidays. Which makes him on time 65 days a year, but some times he calls in so probably less. Whats even more amazing is hes never once been talked to, much less disciplined . They say at least he comes to work. Ok.....i guess.
And him being late effects you how?

browner89

I've only been late once, funny enough, my first day of work, due to circumstances outside of my control, I did call though and inform them that there was an accident that happened ahead of me with no ways to get off of the road. Took a bit for the traffic to start clearing.

browner89

Depending on the flow of an area if his area is hit and they're short a man it could back up the entire building. If he's routinely allowed to be late with no discipline then they are probably short staffed the way it is and every body counts for a lot.

tacken

Gets done when it gets done. If management doesn't care, I get paid by the hour. Management can deal with being short staffed. Work safe and at a steady pace.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
But I would imagine going over employee's records with other hourly workers is a privacy violation, and if it happened to the wrong person, could get your supervisor friend is deep duke.
It is a privacy violation. There's modules we have to take that say not to do stuff like this. It's common sense that you shouldn't do it on top of it...
Whenever I have someone who is starting to have an on time problem I always tell them "You aren't affecting me. I can't touch packages. But if you're late I have to work everyone else harder to pick up your slack or have a driver, who is coming up on 9 hours and wanting to be home after a long day, unload his own vehicle because you couldn't make it on time."

Usually it does the trick actually. I think people usually look at the micro picture. "Oh I'm just one guy" but once they see the macro picture it makes a little more sense.