Record while driving vs late air

UpsYours

the stop is mixed like a salad. air and ground together no way to del air first and then ground after for that stop.as long as i am at that stop and scan any package before 10:30 im good. used to be that all air had to be stop completed before 10:30 that was changed a few years back.i can be at this stop for 45 minutes some days .start scanning at 10:25 complete stop at 11:10 as long as i make the first scan for that stop before 10:30. truck moving or not.thats the only thing with the gps .if your where your supposed to be it is what it is?be different if you where a mile away from the stop and did that.

Last edited:

Fnix

So if you pre record a stop and drive around it counts as record while driving? I pre record COD's and pick them up hours later, never heard a word.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
When I deliver on an AFB they will bring an air driver out with air that would not fit on my truck. I scan the packages on my truck, move my truck with the stop open and the air driver will back in and I will continue scanning those packages. I think as long as you are at the stop you can move the vehicle like 500 feet without an issue

Scottyhawk

the stop is mixed like a salad. air and ground together no way to del air first and then ground after for that stop.as long as i am at that stop and scan any package before 10:30 im good. used to be that all air had to be stop completed before 10:30 that was changed a few years back.i can be at this stop for 45 minutes some days .start scanning at 10:25 complete stop at 11:10 as long as i make the first scan for that stop before 10:30. truck moving or not.thats the only thing with the gps .if your where your supposed to be it is what it is?be different if you where a mile away from the stop and did that.
Yesterday had 70 NDA 130 ground, started scanning at 10:20 stop completed 11:10

Scubasteve5022

Something my sup told me to do when you get stuck at security gate is to turn truck off, scan(or use last 4) and sheet it as NR.

Then you can deliver it anytime after 1030 without it popping up as late. Just make sure you are on area to keep off reports.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Something my sup told me to do when you get stuck at security gate is to turn truck off, scan(or use last 4) and sheet it as NR.

Then you can deliver it anytime after 1030 without it popping up as late. Just make sure you are on area to keep off reports.

If less than 30 minutes elapse between the two different "attempts" it will generate a report.

PT Car Washer

Co worker was delivering a NDA to a resi at 10:29 signature required. No answer so sheets the package up as NI 1 and as she is walking back to the truck the guy comes to the door wanting his delivery. Next day sup warned her about playing games with NDA deliveries.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Co worker was delivering a NDA to a resi at 10:29 signature required. No answer so sheets the package up as NI 1 and as she is walking back to the truck the guy comes to the door wanting his delivery. Next day sup warned her about playing games with NDA deliveries.

As long as she sheeted the second attempt as a duplicate stop and GPS showed that she was at the same location for both attempts she has nothing to worry about.

PT Car Washer

As long as she sheeted the second attempt as a duplicate stop and GPS showed that she was at the same location for both attempts she has nothing to worry about.
Nothing was ever made about it. It was just the suspicion that she was trying to avoid a late air. Of course it used to be real common to cheat on NDA and the better you were the more work you got.

By The Book

Nothing was ever made about it. It was just the suspicion that she was trying to avoid a late air. Of course it used to be real common to cheat on NDA and the better you were the more work you got.
I agree, she was trying to avoid a late air by making the attempt on time. Drivers shouldn't cut it so close, but with this company it happens.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree, she was trying to avoid a late air by making the attempt on time. Drivers shouldn't cut it so close, but with this company it happens.

As long as she was at the delivery address, scanned and hit big arrow down at 1029, she could have stop completed it at 1040 and it would not have shown as late.

PT Car Washer

I agree. Why would the company risk having late air because the driver hit a red light. I finally learned not to care if air was late because the company chose to over dispatch me.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I agree. Why would the company risk having late air because the driver hit a red light. I finally learned not to care if air was late because the company chose to over dispatch me.
Better get off those 24 air stops spread out over two cities even though we're not giving you help! Lol alright dad

Scottyhawk

You have till
As long as she was at the delivery address, scanned and hit big arrow down at 1029, she could have stop completed it at 1040 and it would not have shown as late.
You actually have till 10:30.30 to scan the package and big arrow down and not be late.

Siveriano

At our center we are told to scan the NDA as soon as we get to the stop an on our way to the customer and if it has passed 2 minutes after they are aware of us and still no signature to sheet it close and once they become available to sign then we start rescanning the pcs.
PS. This is exclusively for our last NDA stop and in the 10:30 edge