Recording While Traveling

GolfCart

I got warning letter Oct 30 th , Recording while travel ! I wrote protest letter , still waiting ........ Union said its a safety issue , so they CAN NOT help me . NO ONE saw me with a diad in my hand , telematics said I did . If you do your methods wrong , like I was . you will be on the report every day ! for record while idle and record while travel. I was stop completing the stop close to truck door , then starting it . Got hit every time. Now I get off truck and stop complete then walk to house . If someone meets you at your door " to save you some steps " you MUST count to 1ms,2ms,3ms,4ms,5ms to stay OFF list !! They are all over us at my hub , its bad ........... never thought it was so hard to drop off a box at a house ! so YES I sit in the seat and count to 5 many times a day !!! very sad .......

Indecisi0n

I got warning letter Oct 30 th , Recording while travel ! I wrote protest letter , still waiting ........ Union said its a safety issue , so they CAN NOT help me . NO ONE saw me with a diad in my hand , telematics said I did . If you do your methods wrong , like I was . you will be on the report every day ! for record while idle and record while travel. I was stop completing the stop close to truck door , then starting it . Got hit every time. Now I get off truck and stop complete then walk to house . If someone meets you at your door " to save you some steps " you MUST count to 1ms,2ms,3ms,4ms,5ms to stay OFF list !! They are all over us at my hub , its bad ........... never thought it was so hard to drop off a box at a house ! so YES I sit in the seat and count to 5 many times a day !!! very sad .......

Someone is lying to you. When you turn off the truck telematics records that so there is no way it's counting you as recording while idling. You must be doing something else wrong or your telematics is not working properly.

JL 0513

Recording in travel or at idle is triggered anytime the DIAD processes a task. So it is not triggered by turning on DIAD or even scrolling through EDD (as some wondered in earlier posts). Stop completing is the obvious offense but it is also triggered if you answer "yes" to a text message, for example.

If it was triggered by simply being turned on via the scan button, we'd have problems. Because mine chirps all day long while it is in my holster. Obviously it is constantly turned on by itself and other buttons are being pressed in my holster. It doesn't trigger any on the report.

GolfCart

Someone is lying to you. When you turn off the truck telematics records that so there is no way it's counting you as recording while idling. You must be doing something else wrong or your telematics is not working properly.

Well I wish I had a UNION that will help me , I have the letter sitting here at my house , I can take pics of letter , my boss said GET OFF THE LIST !! I do not care how you do it , get off the list . My center is a test center , so they are watching us , more than other centers . They say , our Telematics is a NEW version . I do not know ? that's what we were told .
I count to 5 slowly before I start truck every time !!!!
I never touch diad if truck is running . If I forget where I am going , I pull over , turn truck off , then look at diad .
Its coming folks , I have the warning letter to prove it !!! Union said sorry , I can not help you !!!!
so I play the GAME ! I slowed down !! My boss said " SLOW DOWN , get off my LIST !!! "

Indecisi0n

Well I wish I had a UNION that will help me , I have the letter sitting here at my house , I can take pics of letter , my boss said GET OFF THE LIST !! I do not care how you do it , get off the list . My center is a test center , so they are watching us , more than other centers . They say , our Telematics is a NEW version . I do not know ? that's what we were told .
I count to 5 slowly before I start truck every time !!!!
I never touch diad if truck is running . If I forget where I am going , I pull over , turn truck off , then look at diad .
Its coming folks , I have the warning letter to prove it !!! Union said sorry , I can not help you !!!!
so I play the GAME ! I slowed down !! My boss said " SLOW DOWN , get off my LIST !!! "

Ask your boss to pull your telematics report. Tell him you want to see when telematics records you turning off the truck. Then look to where you are supposedly recording while traveling.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Recording in travel or at idle is triggered anytime the DIAD processes a task. So it is not triggered by turning on DIAD or even scrolling through EDD (as some wondered in earlier posts). Stop completing is the obvious offense but it is also triggered if you answer "yes" to a text message, for example.

If it was triggered by simply being turned on via the scan button, we'd have problems. Because mine chirps all day long while it is in my holster. Obviously it is constantly turned on by itself and other buttons are being pressed in my holster. It doesn't trigger any on the report.

Simply turning the DIAD on and looking at the 8 stops on the display will not trigger a recording while idling/travelling. Scrolling through EDD will.

GolfCart

Ask your boss to pull your telematics report. Tell him you want to see when telematics records you turning off the truck. Then look to where you are supposedly recording while traveling.

I have all the reports , it does not matter , ( must be OFF the list ) my local union said telematics is a safety issue , so they can not help me . I wrote a very long and detailed protest letter , so still waiting ..............
its coming to YOUR hub soon .....................................................................

Also if you forget to stop complete a stop drive to next stop then stop complete 2 stops at once , you just got on the LIST !!!
Its just crazy in my hub , 20-30 warning letters went out !!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That must be really old school as I was never taught to do this.
the
It is quite simple-----if you are driving, don't touch the DIAD.

Before DIAD, many would make notes. Yea, I know, suppose to know the next 5 stops, etc. Maybe it is me, but I often forget. If I was really worried about being on notice I would write down the next 15 or so.

One funny thing, when EDD goes down, the company hands out printed EDD sheets. I'm sure no one is looking at that while the engine is on!

Indecisi0n

I have all the reports , it does not matter , ( must be OFF the list ) my local union said telematics is a safety issue , so they can not help me . I wrote a very long and detailed protest letter , so still waiting ..............
its coming to YOUR hub soon .....................................................................

Also if you forget to stop complete a stop drive to next stop then stop complete 2 stops at once , you just got on the LIST !!!
Its just crazy in my hub , 20-30 warning letters went out !!!!

We have had it for over a year and I have been never on the list. At least not enough to be pulled into the office.

browndingo

Yes.

On my old route, you could have 3 miles between a couple of stops and would do it several times a week.

It is the same thing as a NSN. If you go to an address, it is NSN, go to the next stop, sheet the NSN, deliver the current stop.

No point stopping if you do not have to.

This will save you time, but it will also show you on the GPS completing the first stop at the location of the next stop. If a customer calls in saying you missed a pickup or that that the address was good, AND if the supervisor goes to check the records, the GPS will not show you were there.

Someone called my center to say the driver had missed a flag pickup and that he hadn't even driven by. Driver said he had and the flag said NO UPS. The GPS showed him completing the pickup stop in the lot of the business, so his backside was covered. If he had driven past and completed it at the next stop, it wouldn't have shown that. The telematics and GPS can help you out.

OPTION3

Just hit stop complete at the next stop. My old route has 4 flag stops and a couple where if there is nothing, a reception will wave us off from her desk, which is easy to see from the parking lot. At the next stop, hit stop complete which brings you to your current stop.
NEVER stop complete from a stop you are not at….it's considered dishonesty( you are not where you say you are) people have been walked out for this one…..gotten their jobs back only through much arguing by the UNION

JL 0513

NEVER stop complete from a stop you are not at….it's considered dishonesty( you are not where you say you are) people have been walked out for this one…..gotten their jobs back only through much arguing by the UNION

I think it's fine for flagged P/U stops. During my training, my sup said to stop complete at next stop. Does UPS really want you wasting time parking vehicle and shutting down to stop completing when you know there's no packages going out?

What about sheeting packages for stops that are closed between 12&1 but you know they're closed all day? Do you drive all the way back later and park in front of the business knowing they're closed anyway? Or do you just sheet after 1pm wherever you are?

Indecisi0n

I think it's fine for flagged P/U stops. During my training, my sup said to stop complete at next stop. Does UPS really want you wasting time parking vehicle and shutting down to stop completing when you know there's no packages going out?

What about sheeting packages for stops that are closed between 12&1 but you know they're closed all day? Do you drive all the way back later and park in front of the business knowing they're closed anyway? Or do you just sheet after 1pm wherever you are?

Its not a problem until something goes wrong then they blame you.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Its not a problem until something goes wrong then they blame you.

Known closures should not be on the car in the first place.

JL, as a new(er) driver, the target on your back is bigger than Inde's and much bigger than Dave's. You should stop at every pickup to complete it. Your supe will throw you to the wolves without a second thought.

And, notify management what businesses are closed on what days so you don't have them. Maybe, you'll last more than a year.

​(BTW, it's not all that often I agree with Inde and Dave, but they are right.)