Recovery A,B and C.

yeldarb

On the pickup screen of the diad, there are all sorts of columns for different numbers. Is there a master list which shows what each thing is? Management has no idea either. All we use is recover A for air. No idea what the others are, except for high values and international.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
I just took the class, I think rec B is 2 day air but they said none of it really matters. Rec A, international and high value are all they wanna know.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yes you put in the amount picked up. A is for next day. B is for 2nd days. C is for 3 days. Then internationals. Lastly is hi values. Any over weight is under special. Top of the list. Yes it is important to use these keys. It will give a few extra minutes at each pick up. You know how things can and will slow you down.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes you put in the amount picked up. A is for next day. B is for 2nd days. C is for 3 days. Then internationals. Lastly is hi values. Any over weight is under special. Top of the list. Yes it is important to use these keys. It will give a few extra minutes at each pick up. You know how things can and will slow you down.

There is almost no time allowance if any for those counts. It takes more time to enter the numbers than any extra time you would gain.

UPSGUY72

You only need to put stuff in the total, A, Int, and High Value. However in the end it doesn't matter if you only put the total pieces in and left everything else blank. The other are there to keep track of what you need to take of the car when you get back to the building. If you can keep track of the Air, Int, and high vales you pick up and remove them from the car when you get back to the building without looking at the totals for each in the DIAD it doesn't matter. The only time allowances are when you pick bulk stops otherwise there really isn't any.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Except to the entire reload that needs to know how much air you have on your vehicle when you're picking up 600-1000 pieces and the air trailer leaves in 45 mins. But I'd imagine you don't have any pickups, so it wouldn't matter to you.
We don't get any of that information until after we download your DIAD after you punch out anyways. The only thing we get before we do the download is what stops you've completed and how much volume. We have no way of knowing what package is what service level unless we individually track each one.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We don't get any of that information until after we download your DIAD after you punch out anyways. The only thing we get before we do the download is what stops you've completed and how much volume. We have no way of knowing what package is what service level unless we individually track each one.
But we do when we get a message "Whats your ETA, Air and HV" through the board. I know some people here don't work past 6, those of us cleaning up managements over dispatches every day stay out here till the wire sometimes.

UPSGUY72

Except to the entire reload that needs to know how much air you have on your vehicle when you're picking up 600-1000 pieces and the air trailer leaves in 45 mins. But I'd imagine you don't have any pickups, so it wouldn't matter to you.

Wrong. The Air trailer leave at it's scheduled time whether you make or not they are not waiting it's your responsibility to make the Air trailer weather you have 1 or 1000 Air pieces they don't care until you drop them off.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Wrong. The Air trailer leave at it's scheduled time whether you make or not they are not waiting it's your responsibility to make the Air trailer weather you have 1 or 1000 Air pieces they don't care until you drop them off.
Hence why we have a shuttle for those of us out here late that can drive to our airport, so yeah. Our center services ADP, don't think for a moment you're gonna tell ADP we aren't waiting on you.

UPSGUY72

But we do when we get a message "Whats your ETA, Air and HV" through the board. I know some people here don't work past 6, those of us cleaning up managements over dispatches every day stay out here till the wire sometimes.

I have never gotten a message home many Air you got. When we call in over 10 we get asked if we need a Air meet point. We do get a what's you ETA but it has nothing to do with making the Air trailer.

UPSGUY72

Hence why we have a shuttle for those of us out here late that can drive to our airport, so yeah. Our center services ADP, don't think for a moment you're gonna tell ADP we aren't waiting on you.

Two of the building in my Local don't have a shuttle you miss the Air trailer the air sits till the next day.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

We can only ball park the time you'll be back. You're the one operating the vehicle, you're going to know better than we. I send ETAs when I know someone is going to be down to the wire and he's going to have a lot of volume. Sorry if it is a hassle. But I didn't dispatch you, I'm just trying to get my stuff done.

Trust me I probably hate the dispatch sup as much as our drivers do.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Two of the building in my Local don't have a shuttle you miss the Air trailer the air sits till the next day.
Sounds like management needs to make sure that doesn't happen, or they can explain to their boss why the driver wasn't given help. This is another example of why they need to know the air count, no air, leav'm out there.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We can only ball park the time you'll be back. You're the one operating the vehicle, you're going to know better than we. I send ETAs when I know someone is going to be down to the wire and he's going to have a lot of volume. Sorry if it is a hassle. But I didn't dispatch you, I'm just trying to get my stuff done.

Trust me I probably hate the dispatch sup as much as our drivers do.
We have mass message for ETA's, everyones out late. The ones that don't have air, leave'm out there, the ones that do leave'm out till the wire. I suppose one of the reasons for this is we are on the East coast, West coast must have to be in fairly early to make the turnaround for air to the East.

UPSGUY72

Sounds like management needs to make sure that doesn't happen, or they can explain to their boss why the driver wasn't given help. This is another example of why they need to know the air count, no air, leav'm out there.

If a driver knows he isn't going to make the Air trailer he makes arrangements to leave the Air somewhere or have someone meet him. they Also let management know they have Air by work of mouth or DIAD message not by chance.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I suppose one of the reasons for this is we are on the East coast, West coast must have to be in fairly early to make the turnaround for air to the East.
When does your air leave? Ours leaves at 645 and then we have a shuttle at 730 to the hub for anything that missed the first one.