reddit: "Dealing with a potentially violent bully? My UPS guy threatened me."

S

splozi

Not sure which direction you are leaning. While Reddit as a whole is not fishy, hell they have taken small deals and blown them up to front page news. But at the same time there is a subset there, karma whores, who will post fake, outlandish, impossible posts just for the "upboats". And using a huge global company to do it can usually work. I posted here before about a pic that blew up huge on Reddit. Was listed as a UPS driver throwing a package. It wasn't. But all the same it still blew up.

Hm. I think I meant it in the sense of... "That reddit site looks very fishy to me. I don't believe it." is something that someone who is familiar with the site could say sarcastically, given the type of content there.

Actually, the thread you mention about the UPS employee throwing the package... that's how I found this particular thread. I read your mention of it, I looked through the UPS rep's posts, then found that she made a comment in this thread.

Sadly, this is where threads usually die. 99% of the time there is no followup, so you never get to learn if it was bs or not.

RedThunder

Lots of crazy people int the world. We had a driver wave at a customer as he drove by. She was planting some flowers in her yard. She worked at a local business that was also on the route. Her husband was at home and called in to the center that a driver was sexually harassing his wife. LOL

S

splozi

Lots of crazy people int the world. We had a driver wave at a customer as he drove by. She was planting some flowers in her yard. She worked at a local business that was also on the route. Her husband was at home and called in to the center that a driver was sexually harassing his wife. LOL

But, was he using the classic one-finger wave method?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I see one side of the story, not the other. If any of you guys ever deliver to a hotel then you'd also experience the fact everyone treats you like you have the plague when you go to ask for a signature. I'm not making exscuses for this guy if it really went down like that but you all know how different people tell the same story and end up with totally different endings.
No, I don't agree. I have 2 hotel/motels on my rte and I have NEVER had either one of them treat me like that. In fact I have had very few businesses at all treat me this way. There are simple and effective ways to deal with the ones that do and they DON'T include the degree of bad behavior that this driver apparently has.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ive had it with the sig dodgers, and I think I fixed it. At least at one place, more to follow.
I deliver to a very large power company First Energy......They closed down the storeroom, put in automatic gates that you need a key card for. But there is a buzzer. Sometimes I can get through the gate, but cant get in the building where I have signed delivery notices. I have a girls number to call if I cant get in, sometimes she answers. Sometimes I cant get through the gate. Sometimes I can find a soul who will sign, sometimes, I dont see a soul. Sometimes I stand at the window and see people and they ignore me, sometimes I go to the garage and try to get a sig or a place to leave stuff, and sometimes they will sometimes they wont. So I quit, one stop, one door, get in or mark it not in. I do not care about UPS numbers, but a company as big as this needs a kick in the butt, Ill be happy to do it. Im not spending 15 minutes of my time, to deliver a stop. To search for a human, etc.
Seems the boss of the facility had to sit at my building and wait for me to pull in at 8pm. He had 8 pkgs in various stages ni1, ni2, and ni3 He was not happy, but polite. He said "well you just met the man who can get you a badge to get in". I told him "You are just the man I have been looking for for 2 years"
I have tried to get my sups to reach out and get hold of someone there to no avail. So I did it, thanks>

And this, JackBurton, is one of the ways to deal with signature dodgers.