Refinance mortgage

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by MenInBrown, Jan 1, 2015.

1. MenInBrown

MenInBrown Active Member

any place specialize in refinancing mortgages for Union members?

2. Mike hunt

Mike hunt Guest

You could try your local teamster credit union but I'd shop for the best rate period. Money is money.

3. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Credit unions are usually the best place to start. Try to get a mortgage with low or no closing costs. Then refinance again if rates drop.

4. Chemo

Chemo Member

Try C.U. Members mortgage. It's a division/subsidiary of Colonial Savings

5. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

My 1st mortgage was 11%,..refinanced to 7 3/4 %,..if only I was 30 yrs. younger with today's rates,..probably could have bought 2X the current house I have,..I'm quite happy however, haven't had a payment for many yrs.

6. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

I Hear you on this. Rates were rediculous when I was a young man starting out. Stayed bad for a decade!

7. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

8. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

Clark Howard said dont refinance unless you go down at least 3 %, just saying.

9. Just depends on so many factors. How good Is your credit? how much do you owe? How much Is it going to cost you to refinance?

10. upsbeernut

If your young and can afford a higher payment,15 year is the way to go even if its not your last house.

11. When I bought my house I took out a 15 year. The payment wasnt a whole lot more than the 30. The interest I saved,was more than the cost of the house.

12. upsbeernut

See, it worked out , now you have a sh load of equity.

13. 100% equity. I paid It off in 10 years.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. upsbeernut

Just paying the taxes, your a good planner. I'll send you my porfolio so you can analyze what i should do.

15. It was part of my plan. Get the house paid off before the college ones started.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I took out a 15 year loan in 1993. Still have 3 years left. WTF?

17. One of my co workers bought his house,35years ago. Still has 10 years left on his mortgage. Owes more on It,than the original sale price.

He wonders why he cant afford to retire?

18. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I'll write the check and pay it off one of these days. Just not feeling it yet.