refuse to sign?

T

toonertoo

Im one of the happiest upsers you could ever meet. And speaking of being judgemental.... that was not me. But I dont have time to be on the internet when I am working. Laptop or otherwise. I am so busy making money for my shareholders and my company and myself, that it doesnt cross my mind. I think if you havent done a job you cant judge what they have time to do or what they are allowed to do.

S

susiedriver

Tooner, didn't you say:
"If you are retired and have nothing better to do than track people who post maybe you need to get another job as you must not be having much fun, or work for the FBI. Oh wait never mind if you are retired you are too old."

Sounds judgemental to me.

T

toonertoo

Well if you wish to call it that, then Ok, It was just a thought. We can agree to disagree.
"You sound like another unhappy UPSer.".....

Sounds judgemental to me..........

(Message edited by toonertoo on April 22, 2005)

U

upstech

I am not sure why anyone would care what susiedriver is saying. She left UPS and is happier where she is. Share holder or not her opinions on what goes on in the UPS work place is void. If she is interested in UPS as a company go to a stock page and check out postings. An employee like myself came here for advice by fellow UPSers and we should try and help this person out. I say refuse to sign, that is what I would do.

F

fedupwx

To address the question about mgt people using the internet. As long as you do not visit restricted web sites ( in which browncafe is not one of them.The firewall gives you a warning when you are about access it. All mgt have the right to visit websites outside the UPS network as long as it has something to do with UPS or business related topics. What I read below this person if in mgt is just answering a question related to UPS. LP and TSG only investigate employees abusing the policy or visiting restricted web sites.

M

my2cents

As a shareholder myself, I can't see what the big deal is either. As far as this being a shareholder concern, this issue doesn't even come up on the radar screen. If someone is abusing their online time at work, its all easily traceable anyway. Conversely, I think its great for folks who visit this site from ups.com. IMO, better informed employees make better business decisions. To those who are currently reading this thread from a UPS computer, Hi and welcome!
icon45.gif

P

proups

IMHO: If a UPS employee has time to read and post to this website while at work, they need to find something else to do - like go help someone out! We are all really busy.

icon19.gif

(Message edited by proups on April 24, 2005)

M

my2cents

I would have to disagree. For example, if someone has a meeting in 10 minutes, but has a few minutes of dead time until the meeting, coming here and reading company-related news, IMO, serves a productive purpose. Additionally, what's wrong with clicking the link on the homepage, so one can listen to the 1st quarter conference call during one's lunch break? It wouldn't surprise me at all if some people do just that.

O

over9five

I have a few minutes of dead time before my next pick-up. Can I take my package car over to my house, load up some bags of trash in it, and go to the dump?

M

my2cents

LOL! Sure why not! There is nothing unusual about Internet use at work. A common practice at just about any company. Still can't see what the big deal is. I remember not that long ago, I scooped my whole building on the Canadian strike. Where did I learn about it? Yep. Right here.

O

ok2bclever

Common practices at "other companies" have nothing to do with UPS.

Management can do what they like, but if hourly is violating the UPS internet policies by "surfing the net" and coming here would count as such they are likely to get the chance to experience what "other companies" common practices are.
biggrin.gif

M

my2cents

Yeah, everything has to turn into an Orwellian nightmare. This is great for my morale. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow!

S

susiedriver

So much for "leading by example" and "Accountability & Integrity".

I'm sure Jim Casey would approve.

P

proups

Again, I think what I said about Internet use applies to management as well. If they are surfing the net while at work, except maybe to look at weatherchannel.com, which is work related, then they are only extending their day.

They work long enough hours as it is.