Refused shipment to a teamsters hall

Slick silver

Had a FedEx envelope for a teamsters union hall today and soon as I walk in to get a signature, they refuse it and has to go back to sender. Had a good chuckle, couldn't blame them I guess ... At least it was just a envelope and not a heavy box. Apparently they refuse all FedEx stuff obviously... Has anybody else ever had to deliver to a teamsters union hall ever.

It will be fine

I have a couple union offices. One has a sign on the door basically telling us to buzz off. Another actually requests us for their office supplies because the route starts there and they get their stuff by 8:30 everyday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a lot of Canadians who will use us to send something to FedEx and vice versa. We will make the attempt, FedEx will refuse it and the consignee will call to have it held at center.

Slick silver

I'm glad it wasn't a p1 though... Had to many today. Since I was about to go on break I was going to chill out and shot the breeze with them

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I have refused contract proposals at UPS if sent via FedEx
My uncle works for Pratt and Whitney Aircraft engines and he had a meeting with the UPS maintenance team in Louisville and she started it off with "You know I was really disappointed when I got the paperwork for this. It was delivered by a FedEx courier. The guy at the front desk said he looked extremely uncomfortable, so we'll call it even."

He said he had a friendly chat with his assistant when he got back to town on not shipping a customer's paperwork using their competitor.

dezguy

I get deliveries all the time for the local Unifor hall. They always accept and I ask when they're going to start a union drive for FedEx.

CJinx

We had this problem once upon a time with one of the union offices (refusing all deliveries from a non-union courier service). This stopped once someone's insulin shipment almost ended up getting returned to the shipper. Fortunately, someone caught it before that happened and called the office; they sent someone over to pick it up and haven't refused a package since.

Aside from that, we get along well with our UPS counterpart stations. We let them know when one of their packages ends up in our network and vice versa.

dezguy

What's their reply?
They know Teamsters tried to unionize us and failed; About 7 years back. I've been told they wouldn't want to organize just one station and would prefer to organize nationally but until they get enough interest, they won't go ahead with it.