Refused to sign

UPSGUY72

What would you do? I had a package for a Resi stop that was sign req by the shipper. A man answered the door and but said he wouldn't sign for the package I need to come back another day for someone else to sign for it. Would you sheet the package refused or Ni1.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If he was an ass about it RTS. If he simply didn't feel comfortable about signing for someone elses drugs or wine, I would future it to the day the original consignee will be available.

over9five

Staff member
If he was an ass about it RTS. If he simply didn't feel comfortable about signing for someone elses drugs or wine, I would future it to the day the original consignee will be available.

I like this answer better. If he was nice, and apologetic about not being able to sign....

Then I would future also!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

Ass or not, I am not making another attempt.
Would ask consignee to make choice as to whether the parcel was RTS-refused or will call.
If will call they can pick up at their convenience, not mine!

S

speeddemon

If it was a package to someone else living at the address that was not their to sign, then I would go back. If it was to him, and he said to come back tomorrow, He'd be S.O.L. !

Inthegame

Many years ago I had a business stop on a cover route where the guy made a straight line in the signature box. I'd accept just about any wiggle for a signature but this knob said "that's the way I always sign" I asked for his name and he said "I wrote my name". I left with the pkg saying "if you won't give me your name, I won't give you this pkg." Of course he called in a complaint so the sup met me on route to get the pkg. The knucklehead refused to sign for the sup. We sent the pkg back. A few years later the guy was shot dead in a robbery. What do you think he said to the robber when he said give me the money.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Without having been in the exact same situation as the OP, I would say that this is probably what I would have done.

DS

Fenderbender
What would you do? I had a package for a Resi stop that was sign req by the shipper. A man answered the door and but said he wouldn't sign for the package I need to come back another day for someone else to sign for it. Would you sheet the package refused or Ni1.

It sounds simple to me.The guy wouldn't sign because the pkg was not for him,and did not want to be responsible for it.
Rts'ing it is unfair to the customer that ordered it.Calling it refused is a lie because the consignee was not there to refuse it.
Futuring it is also wrong because what if the customer is not there again tomorrow?
It's a ni1 .Leave an info notice where the consignee will see it and try again tomorrow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DS, BM suggested futuring it to be delivered on the date that the consignee is expected to be home. This seems to be the second best option, the first being for the person who answered the door to sign for the package. RTSing the pkg is not fair to the consignee.