Reg/Temp Screwups

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by gostillerz, Sep 21, 2009.

1. gostillerz

gostillerz Member

I just thought you guys would get some laughs (or fear) out of this.

I made the bid sheet for reg/temp last week. My only experience with stick shifts were in tractors floating gears 3 years ago. My driver test was for tomorrow, but I told the on-car supe I need to practice first since I never really used a clutch. He said cool, grab an 800, and drive it around the lot. I just wanted to get used to shifting again.

I start, I'm doing okay. The center manager hops on, then I'm scared to hell, my PT supe is encouraging me with the ol' point and laugh bit, and here were my screw-ups. No seat belt, parking brake still on (pretty bad eh?) so he tells me drive around. I'm thinking to myself I'm pretty boned now! I didn't grind the gears, started from a hill without drifting, and backed to a dock fine, so I'm feeling pretty confident, but forgot the damn horn. He asked me what was the 3rd 10 point commentary was, so of course I respond with the ever classic "umm...what?".

Does anyone have a decent way to learn these things? They're mostly common sense, but word-for-word is a pain.
  2. Highwayman

Highwayman Member

I'm here 21 years and still forget sometimes. Take the list by numbers 1 car length when stopped in traffic. 2 look left right left(both ways) at intersections etc. Good Luck:happy2:
  3. rorojo

rorojo Member

I had a hard time memorizing the 5 seeing habit an ten point commentary. best thing to do is review them daily.
    this helps with 5 seeing habits

all aim high in steering
    good get the big picture
    kids keep your eyes moving
    love leave yourself an out
    milk make sure they see you
  4. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Saftey starting at intersections
    Will when stopped
    continue count 3 2 1
    for four -six seconds under 30 , six-eight seconds above 30