Regal Cinema's new "security policy"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Listen to yourself. You're hung up on the reciprocity. If someone is against that, you insist that their "liberal anti gun". No. Find another way. You'll never get where you want to by calling names.
I am merely using their own argument against them.
They want background checks and training. OK.
They want gun owners licensed. OK.
They want gun treated like cars. OK.
I'm agreeing with them. Since my drivers license is reciprocal in all 50 states, my carry permit should be also. Right? I mean, I got the training they want and I got the background check that they want and I got the fingerprinting that they want. I am a poster child for everything they want, right?

Or is it possible that they don't really mean what they are saying?

soberups

Doesn't matter. Would have to be a national program getting support from all sectors. NRA would be a hindrance.
For what its worth, what I am proposing...nationwide licensing requirements and permit reciprocity...is also opposed by many NRA members and gun owners. So its not like I am toeing the NRA line here.

bbsam

Staff member
For what its worth, what I am proposing...nationwide licensing requirements and permit reciprocity...is also opposed by many NRA members and gun owners. So its not like I am toeing the NRA line here.
But you and I agree so obviously there can be compromise. And who's more likely to bring his side to the center? Joe Biden or Wayne Lapierre?

oldngray

nowhere special

The main issue with is with a registration database that could later be used by gun grabbers. Gun control activists claim that is paranoia but it has happened in the past and is a serious concern for the future. When you have politicians who don't believe any civilians should own guns you should not trust or respect what they call "reasonable".

soberups

But you and I agree so obviously there can be compromise. And who's more likely to bring his side to the center? Joe Biden or Wayne Lapierre?

LaPierre will agree with nationwide reciprocity before Biden will. And any compromise that I would even consider will have nationwide reciprocity and 50-state "shall-issue" permits as its foundation. I don't necessarily agree with everything LaPierre says but in the game of politics he is a necessary balance to the wealthy and powerful gun-hating extremists such as Michael Bloomberg who don't believe in the 2nd Amendment at all. As far as 'ol "shotgun Biden" goes, he is just a well-intentioned idiot. I don't like how he voted on gun issues but I will give him credit--sort of--for at least acknowledging that we mere civilians do have the right to armed self defense. I just pray that no one takes his "advice" about firing buckshot into the air seriously.

soberups

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1441477423.947578.jpg

soberups

Interesting goings-on in my neighborhood today. I live right on the very edge of town, and less than 1/2 mile from my house a sheriffs deputy pulled over a car, one of whose occupants took off running into the woods. Turns out he was a wanted felon, with multiple out of state warrants for violent crimes and a history of threats to law enforcement and weapons charges. The deputy was alone and had to stay with the car and the two other suspects (who also had warrants) so various LE agencies were called in on a manhunt, which ultimately proved unsuccessful. So it will be dark in a couple of hours and a violent wanted fugitive is running around the woods somewhere near my house. While I realize that the odds of him crossing my path or targeting my house are exceedingly remote, I am still grateful to live in a state that actually respects the rights of its law-abiding citizens to be armed for their own defense. God help the guy if he tries breaking in to any of the barns or farm houses near where he fled to, because the country folk around here don't take kindly to that sort of thing.