Regarding wage increases

laffter

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/UPSDate082213-web.pdf

DBdg54w.png

I know that this question has already been answered in previous threads. It is, however, fairly straightforward to answer if you understand the details. So, to save me some time digging back through the old threads-

I was hired mid-August in 2011. I received my 50c wage increase earlier this month. When the contract issues are settled, will I receive the 70c wage increase also? Also, will I continue to receive these wage increases in addition to my mid-August wage increases, or will they replace those?

Please do not reply if your suggestion is to use the search function. Thank you in advance for any helpful information.
DBdg54w.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Here come the "No one is getting a raise until the supplements are passed" responses.
From what I can tell, you're not gonna get both.
I've been told that all economics have been suspended, although it's not wholly true since employees switching job classifications (e.g. PT->FT) obviously will see wage hikes.

I agree, it's possible that employees in progression will receive their progression wage increases. But they will notreceive the progression increase + the general wage increase. Instead, their wage will be retroactively calculated -- that is, their wage on July 31 + the general wage increase + any necessary adjustments to par them with the wage progression - the 50c increase.

For example: on July 31 employee is at $9.50, on September 10 his wage is increased to $10.00. When the contract is ratified, wage is re-calculated as $9.50 + $0.70 = $10.20 for work performed August 1-September 10, then bumped to $10.50 for work performed thereafter.

Last edited: