Regening trucks

Packmule

So I'm sitting here burning daylight and pumping tons of co2 into the air Regening this stupid filter. Can't think of a stupider piece of technology! Also glad I'm not sitting in the middle of nowhere at 30 below hoping it works.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I'm sitting here burning daylight and pumping tons of co2 into the air Regening this stupid filter. Can't think of a stupider piece of technology! Also glad I'm not sitting in the middle of nowhere at 30 below hoping it works.
Just keep putting it to the floor til it quits. Lol

UPS4Life

There is talk going on trying to get these removed as a lot of recent truck fires are being started the the dpf filter.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Packmule

Wow! Hadn't heard that. Hope they do remove them. Just one more thing to go wrong and leave you sitting in the cold.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I've had a hydraulic hybrid equipped with DPF regen for about two years now, never had to regen. One thing they need to do is give these vehicles to drivers with some sort of highway driving to allow the regen process to work.

porkwagon

I've had a hydraulic hybrid equipped with DPF regen for about two years now, never had to regen. One thing they need to do is give these vehicles to drivers with some sort of highway driving to allow the regen process to work.

I agree. Just don't give it to me!

youllbefine

Right.. They are not meant to be down town never going over 25 mph.. They need to see open the open road at top speed to clean the exhaust system out correctly

P

pickup

Fortunately or unfortunately, the newer diesel trucks have to have this feature, so at some point in time , all diesel trucks in the fleet will have this feature. I've noticed with the cold weather we've had here in the Northeast that even trucks going at highway speeds for considerable lengths of time and distance still required the parked regeneration.

It was so cold that the truck exhaust system could not generate the necessary heat needed to do the "passive" regeneration. Even parked vehicles doing an active regeneration had a problem building up to the necessary temperatures(particularly on the Sterlings).

In that case the regeneration would have to take place in an enclosed warm area like the shop or parked somewhere else to await a warmer day to do the "regen".

Pickles

Glad it's not just us. All of our new Macks have been doing it this year. I don't remember any of them doing it last year though?

Packmule

Mine is inconsistent. And I do have highway miles. Seen it do the passive regen in subzero temperatures or otherwise. Then suddenly, won't do it at all.
Whenever pickup volume is low I unload with the cart so I can park outside and leave it in regen. Otherwise I write it up for mechanics to do after it's unloaded.
Pain in the butt. And really fun when they use it for Saturday air.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't know if it's the same thing, but a spare diesel 700 had some regeneration button on it. I decided to fool with it and after a while, the check engine light came on. The new trucks sure do beep plenty when you do that!

Packmule

Don't know if it's the same thing, but a spare diesel 700 had some regeneration button on it. I decided to fool with it and after a while, the check engine light came on. The new trucks sure do beep plenty when you do that!
Same thing.