regulations

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Do you have any idea how much TONAGE of waste comes from a diary farm? Where do you think that goes? Into a COW TOILET?

Is this the idea you have in mind??

The TONAGE of waste ends up in our drinking water MORELUCK.... seeping into ground wells.. many farms VIOLATE the disposal methods for waste and choose to wash waste into the water tables.

The goverment has to monitor the farms because they CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

Maybe you dont have any idea how cow waste can harm you if its in water you drink or bathe in?

Peace

TOS

p.s. I realize you just repeat what you hear for the day, so I dont really expect an intelligent answer.

wkmac

Do you have any idea how much TONAGE of waste comes from a diary farm? Where do you think that goes? Into a COW TOILET?

Some goes on my compost piles and ultimately into my garden but then when I can get into a certain bat cave without anyone knowing, I use guano.
:wink2:

Seriously, manure has become a cash commodity for farmers who sell it for making compost and manure sold in garden supply and numerous other places. You must not get out much do you TOS? Come over sometime and I'll teach you about hydroponics.

My next project I'm about to begin.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Federal Red Tape Costs 780,000 Jobs
Federal regulatory officials imposed 3,807 new rules in 2011, an average of 15 each business day, filling 81,247 pages in last year’s Federal Register.

Unemployment in the private sector remains unacceptably high, but business is booming in Washington when it comes to jobs in the government’s regulatory “industry.” Functionaries are busily enforcing the 169,301-page U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, observes Deroy Murdock, a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.

Non-Pentagon executive-branch civilian employment dipped 11.5 percent under President Bill Clinton, but spiked 14.4 percent under President George W. Bush and another 5.5 percent under President Obama from 2008 to 2010, rising from 1.28 million employees to 1.36 million.

While not all of these workers are engaged in regulation, 291,676 of them are, up 17 percent under Obama. Murdock cites research by Clyde Wayne Crews of the Competitive Enterprise Institute, who states that complying with federal regulations cost the U.S. economy $1.75 trillion in 2008, surpassing all U.S. corporate pre-tax profits of $1.3 trillion in 2009 — and that 2008 figure is likely higher today.

“Every dollar spent to mollify federal authorities is a dollar that cannot be spent to hire new employees, launch new products, or open foreign markets,” Murdock writes in National Review.
“My colleagues at Engage America have calculated that federal red tape has squelched at least 779,203 potential jobs. If these positions were filled, today’s unemployment rate would fall from 8.2 percent to 7.7.”
He points to two examples of federal regulatory overreach.

The Energy Department has imposed rules titled “Conservation Standards for Wine Chillers and Miscellaneous Refrigeration Products.”

And a Utah high school has been fined $15,000 by the federal government for inadvertently leaving a soda vending machine running during its lunch period, violating a law that nevertheless permits the sale of sugar-loaded sports drinks and candy bars during lunch.

“At least 25 percent of regulators should be thanked for their service and dismissed,” Murdock suggests.
“Those who remain should be instructed to combat fraud, disease, serious injuries, and untimely deaths. Beyond that, Uncle Sam should butt out of America’s vending machines and wine chillers.”
Newsmax.com

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Federal Red Tape Costs 780,000 Jobs
Federal regulatory officials imposed 3,807 new rules in 2011, an average of 15 each business day, filling 81,247 pages in last year’s Federal Register.

Unemployment in the private sector remains unacceptably high, but business is booming in Washington when it comes to jobs in the government’s regulatory “industry.” Functionaries are busily enforcing the 169,301-page U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, observes Deroy Murdock, a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.

Non-Pentagon executive-branch civilian employment dipped 11.5 percent under President Bill Clinton, but spiked 14.4 percent under President George W. Bush and another 5.5 percent under President Obama from 2008 to 2010, rising from 1.28 million employees to 1.36 million.

While not all of these workers are engaged in regulation, 291,676 of them are, up 17 percent under Obama. Murdock cites research by Clyde Wayne Crews of the Competitive Enterprise Institute, who states that complying with federal regulations cost the U.S. economy $1.75 trillion in 2008, surpassing all U.S. corporate pre-tax profits of $1.3 trillion in 2009 — and that 2008 figure is likely higher today.

“Every dollar spent to mollify federal authorities is a dollar that cannot be spent to hire new employees, launch new products, or open foreign markets,” Murdock writes in National Review.
“My colleagues at Engage America have calculated that federal red tape has squelched at least 779,203 potential jobs. If these positions were filled, today’s unemployment rate would fall from 8.2 percent to 7.7.”
He points to two examples of federal regulatory overreach.

The Energy Department has imposed rules titled “Conservation Standards for Wine Chillers and Miscellaneous Refrigeration Products.”

And a Utah high school has been fined $15,000 by the federal government for inadvertently leaving a soda vending machine running during its lunch period, violating a law that nevertheless permits the sale of sugar-loaded sports drinks and candy bars during lunch.

“At least 25 percent of regulators should be thanked for their service and dismissed,” Murdock suggests.
“Those who remain should be instructed to combat fraud, disease, serious injuries, and untimely deaths. Beyond that, Uncle Sam should butt out of America’s vending machines and wine chillers.”
Newsmax.com

You post a story from DEROY MURDOCH, the same guy who opposes the national war on drugs, and has gone public saying that SADDAM HUSSEIN was involved in the 911 terror attacks.

Yeah, theres someone to believe in.

Just another right wing kook with the same poisonous nonsense that people like to hear.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Had an interesting chat with a professional lobsterman today.
It seems that there are now regulations on how to attach a rope to the lobster trap and to the marker bouy, so that should a whale become entangled the rope will break free. So these new regulations are for the safety of a non-tax paying , non-citizen, migrant while the tax paying small business person has to lose his personal property and any possibility of making a profit.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Had an interesting chat with a professional lobsterman today.
It seems that there are now regulations on how to attach a rope to the lobster trap and to the marker bouy, so that should a whale become entangled the rope will break free. So these new regulations are for the safety of a non-tax paying , non-citizen, migrant while the tax paying small business person has to lose his personal property and any possibility of making a profit.

Seriously?

Listen, man is destroying the ocean and its creatures, We need to do everything we can to insure that we stop harming the sea and its creatures. We dont have a right to harm innocent animals just to satisfy ourselves or our businesses.

Whales are dying all over the world needlessly, same with dolphins and sharks. This are valuable resources to the seas eco system and as we destroy them, we destroy the sea.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Show me the facts that whale entanglements in lobster lines are more dangerous than ship strikes ?
And can you be absolutely correct that any decline of one type of fish will totally destroy the seas?
As for harming any animals by man's actions , if you surely believe it, then put your harley in mothballs and ride a bicycle instead.

island1fox

Seriously?

Listen, man is destroying the ocean and its creatures, We need to do everything we can to insure that we stop harming the sea and its creatures. We dont have a right to harm innocent animals just to satisfy ourselves or our businesses.

Whales are dying all over the world needlessly, same with dolphins and sharks. This are valuable resources to the seas eco system and as we destroy them, we destroy the sea.

Peace

TOS

Tos,

How about some of that same passion for babies in the womb !

moreluck

golden ticket member
..........."We dont have a right to harm innocent animals just to satisfy ourselves................" (TOS)

So, you're a total Vegan ????

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
..........."We dont have a right to harm innocent animals just to satisfy ourselves................" (TOS)

So, you're a total Vegan ????

NO, I dont eat fish or anything out of the ocean. The eco systems are being destroyed by overfishing and pollution. The sea is an important part of our lives and as we destroy coral reefs by killing sharks, dolphins and whales, we can only expect to see thousands of species of fish disappear from the sea.

I said innocent animals. A cow, a chicken , a pig , a lamb or a bird are bred for consumtion, they are not Co-incendentally killed and tossed to the side of the road. Do you eat dolphin?

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you don't eat fish, it's because of the mercury content you've railed about before on here about the dirty oceans....not because of the innocent fishie.

I don't eat fish because I hate fish. But steak, chops, ribs and chicken are a totally different story.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you don't eat fish, it's because of the mercury content you've railed about before on here about the dirty oceans....not because of the innocent fishie.

I don't eat fish because I hate fish. But steak, chops, ribs and chicken are a totally different story.

I dont eat anything out of the sea because the USA has conducted over 200 nuclear bombs tests underwater contaminating the sea beds and water. The russians have conducted over 100 nuclear tests underwater, as have the chinese.

The last thing I want to consume is some radioactive fish that will cause cancer. Ever wonder why there is so much cancer in this country and not in other countries?

Peace

TOS