Rehab question

Smedkel69

I need some advice and/or a few questions if anyone can help. What advice can anyone offer about what I need to do, and can I qualify for FMLA to go to rehab on an addiction I have? Or do I have to do what management tells me to do? I just want the RIGHT treatment for myself and not lose my job. Can anyone help please?

Ane you part time or full time and do you have more than three years with ups if you are part time? These are also questions you should be asking your local union. FYI.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm Full time. Been there 15 yrs. I am going to go to my local union, but really want to try and get opinions before I do that.
@Lead Belly is absolutely correct, shopping here for answers is definitely not a good idea.
Because what you want to hear, may not be the reality of the solution.
You have rights under HIPAA and our National Master and may qualify you for short term disability while you rehab.
Contact the company's HR Dept, with the aid and guidance of your local officials who should have a working knowledge of the system and past practices in your area.

Good luck and realize that you are already ahead of the curve in acknowledging that you have a problem before you hit rock bottom.
Many before you have lacked the clarity that you seem to possess.
I'll be having a good thought for you.

Smedkel69

You do not know how much your response has made me feel. I praise you for your kindness and direction. You are a good person I can tell. I am proud of myself for making this step. I've got too much to lose. Thank you so much for your help and your character. Thank you

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
If the company is already aware and/or you went to them for help, you're probably going to have to go through the company rehab process.

I've always been told that members should try to go through rehabilitation using FMLA/personal leave and their insurance rather than through the company if at all possible due to "confidentiality issues."

Faceplanted

Gotta love big pharma. They give people suboxone to help with treatment for people opiate addictions, but suboxone its self is addictive

Good luck brother, best wishes for you.

Smedkel69

And what do I tell them what's wrong with me? If I do FMLA? Don't I have to tell them something? They are going to want to see paperwork and how my progress is.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And what do I tell them what's wrong with me? If I do FMLA? Don't I have to tell them something? They are going to want to see paperwork and how my progress is.
Nah, get the paperwork filled out - and prior to sending it into HRSC, write a letter stating that you do not wish your records be made available via HIPPA compliance. You don't need to say anything.

Smedkel69

Thank you so much! I appreciate that so much I wish you knew. I will come back and let you know. Having you pray for me and anyone who else wouldn't mind praying for me is how I'm going to get through this. Touches me knowing

BrownArmy

Good luck brother, I'll keep you in my thoughts.

No matter how strong we think we might be, it takes true strength to come to the realization that sometimes help can only come from outside ourselves.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Thank you so much! I appreciate that so much I wish you knew. I will come back and let you know. Having you pray for me and anyone who else wouldn't mind praying for me is how I'm going to get through this. Touches me knowing

Take care of yourself bro and do whatever you can to make sure the company isn't made aware of your personal problems. Get your business agent in the loop ASAP and try to make arrangements on your own if at all possible.

Good luck.