Reinstatement.

mikeups1978

I've heard that the union can reinstate someone who self disqualified him/herself if the company is in badly need of drivers instead of w8ting 4 the life of the contract 2 be over, but @ the company's discretion only. Better stay on good terms with management if him/her wants a another go @ it. It kinda brings a sense of relief 2 know that I don't really have 2 wait until the contract is over. Is there a minimum waiting period 2 get reinstated?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Text-Speak.jpg

Geo926

Why would one self disqualify himself? Here's a thought. Show up to work everyday, do your job, and you won't have to worry about it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I've heard that the union can reinstate someone who self disqualified him/herself if the company is in badly need of drivers instead of w8ting 4 the life of the contract 2 be over, but @ the company's discretion only. Better stay on good terms with management if him/her wants a another go @ it. It kinda brings a sense of relief 2 know that I don't really have 2 wait until the contract is over. Is there a minimum waiting period 2 get reinstated?

Yes, yo the w8t . is to yeers wen u self disqualify

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Why would one self disqualify himself? Here's a thought. Show up to work everyday, do your job, and you won't have to worry about it.
We had two guys self disqualify this past peak. One hated it. He was miserable and frankly wasn't fast enough to qualify anyways. Nice guy, but slow. Another guy just felt he wasn't ready. He talked to sups and was able to switch to seasonal for peak and they said he could take another swing at it next time when peak ended.

He probably would have qualified had he stayed with the bid.

Talk with your management team. They may not wait until the contract is over if they need you. If you showed promise, but just needed more time, who knows, they may bring you back up.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
{I} Company policy (at least when they DQ you for package car) is not as restrictive as the contract language you're referring to. Have you talked to a steward, or better yet Business Agent?

{II} Your bigger problem is golng to be when you do become eligible again. Every month that goes by, brothers & sisters with more seniority than you get their name on the list ahead of you, for any openings that might be available.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We had two guys self disqualify this past peak. One hated it. He was miserable and frankly wasn't fast enough to qualify anyways. Nice guy, but slow. Another guy just felt he wasn't ready. He talked to sups and was able to switch to seasonal for peak and they said he could take another swing at it next time when peak ended.

He probably would have qualified had he stayed with the bid.

Talk with your management team. They may not wait until the contract is over if they need you. If you showed promise, but just needed more time, who knows, they may bring you back up.

Yes. So they can fire you for some bull crap story, that they make up by looking at numbers. But, hey can only try. If it works out you too get 30 plus years of bliss too.