relative/family hire

any of you guys ever know of anyone getting hired on (full time) that has an immediate relative that works for ups? not out of the same building or even same local.... just curious!

thanks for the replies. my father has worked for UPS as a p/c driver and feeder coverage driver for almost 30 years now and i did a seasonal feeder driver run this past peak and have done several peak preload runs in the past and i fell in at a good time i suppose cause they are getting ready to hire several and I am up next they just said they are waiting to get the relative hire policy signed off by human resources. Its driving me crazy waiting and especially since i have turned down 2 job offers w full benefits and all! but im hoping they will sign it since its a totally different local and location. they are appx 4 hours away from each other!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
thanks for the replies. my father has worked for UPS as a p/c driver and feeder coverage driver for almost 30 years now and i did a seasonal feeder driver run this past peak and have done several peak preload runs in the past and i fell in at a good time i suppose cause they are getting ready to hire several and I am up next they just said they are waiting to get the relative hire policy signed off by human resources. Its driving me crazy waiting and especially since i have turned down 2 job offers w full benefits and all! but im hoping they will sign it since its a totally different local and location. they are appx 4 hours away from each other!

That distance apart should seal the deal.
Good luck!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
do what? ha sorry i dont understand what your trying to say?

You have officially been introduced to Brown Cafe when rocket man responds to your post.

He is an acquired taste but appreciated once you get use to him.

UPS is not your father's Oldsmobile ... that is, it ain't what it use to be.
As a new person coming in, you will not be comparing it to what it was ... so there's no problem.

thanks for the reply... i figured thats what he was meaning but wasn't sure by the way he worded it ha... I know its not what it used to be my dad gripes daily about that and i also know it will be way different for me not only being younger than most of the feeder drivers, but i will be working from a hub whereas he is just in a small center.

still waiting... :/ starting to have my doubts on it now... sounded promising to start with but now one HR guy says they dont think they can hire me and the other one says its not a problem but they are taking a longggg time! now im going on another seasonal run surely they will have it figured out by the end of the summer seasonal! anymore info for me would still be greatly appreciated!