Relatives at the same Center

moosedawg06

Ok, so heres the situation.

I graduated HS in 2006 and began working for UPS in August of 2006. I received a George D. Smith Scholarship and was basically offered a job right then. Im pretty sure I was offered because of the scholarship, and the fact that my father is a well respected driver in his center.

Here's the thing: I worked at the same center as my father.

When I left in 2008 for school, I wasnt rehired. I recently restarted my career here, and was told I cant work in the same center as my father, yet one of the loaders in our center is loading his brothers truck. I was wondering if this is special treatment? Straight up lying? Actual fact?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Sounds like bull**** to me. That was company policy maybe 10+ years ago.. but there's a sup in my building whose brother was hired to work in the same three-belt area. Numerous dads have kids that work there, etc.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It used to be policy that family were not allowed to work in the same building. A few years back that changed. We used to have a driver (passed away) who got his little brother a job with us. Now the little brother's son is also a driver. 3 driver's from the same direct family.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I have a set of brother-in-laws working in my center. Who knows. It's the whole "franchise" thing in action again. What's rule in your center is non-existent in another.