Relatives at the same Center

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by moosedawg06, Sep 24, 2012.

1. moosedawg06

moosedawg06 New Member

Ok, so heres the situation.

I graduated HS in 2006 and began working for UPS in August of 2006. I received a George D. Smith Scholarship and was basically offered a job right then. Im pretty sure I was offered because of the scholarship, and the fact that my father is a well respected driver in his center.

Here's the thing: I worked at the same center as my father.

When I left in 2008 for school, I wasnt rehired. I recently restarted my career here, and was told I cant work in the same center as my father, yet one of the loaders in our center is loading his brothers truck. I was wondering if this is special treatment? Straight up lying? Actual fact?
  2. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Sounds like bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: to me. That was company policy maybe 10+ years ago.. but there's a sup in my building whose brother was hired to work in the same three-belt area. Numerous dads have kids that work there, etc.
  3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

It used to be policy that family were not allowed to work in the same building. A few years back that changed. We used to have a driver (passed away) who got his little brother a job with us. Now the little brother's son is also a driver. 3 driver's from the same direct family.
  4. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

I have a set of brother-in-laws working in my center. Who knows. It's the whole "franchise" thing in action again. What's rule in your center is non-existent in another.
  5. Macbrother

Macbrother Member

There's a mother who works in my preload. Her son cannot work preload but he works in the Local Sort. Rules may vary.