Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkmac

A good documentary that looks at the orthodox ideals of Jesus along with the Gnostic and more heretical that existed in the early centuries after Jesus.

newfie

Why would you assume that to begin with?

Had that been so, I would have titled the thread different.

I think I've seen at least two posts from you on this thread whining because your material was not received with a standing ovation.

wkmac

I think I've seen at least two posts from you on this thread whining because your material was not received with a standing ovation.

OK. I don't recall them specifically but if you'd be so kind to quote them that would be nice.

newfie

For those that don't care, then why are you even in this thread to begin with? Why would you even open this thread when the strong chances are, you care nothing about the content?

Or is this just tribal peer pressure to control thought and thus speech?

here was your second hissy fit.

newfie

No, I've not seen TOS gold theory nor do I feel as if I've missed something either but to the rest of your comments, all that being true, why are you even reading this thread much less posting in it?

here was your first hissy fit. there may be others. it appears an incorrect response to the "masterpieces" you provide us receives your why are you here response.

wkmac

here was your first hissy fit. there may be others. it appears an incorrect response to the "masterpieces" you provide us receives your why are you here response.

Well if those are the 2 posts of what you call a hissy fit, who am I to challenge your conclusions.

Timn17

which religion said this?
What? Is this a serious question? What do you think the purpose of religion is? It has always attempted to provide answers to life's most important questions - why are we here? - how should we live? - what happens after death, if anything? - and it has always attempted to explain more mundane phenomena as well, ascribing things like the creation of the earth and it's lifeforms to god, as well as asserting that things like extreme weather and astronomical events were god's will; it has also sought to dictate man's relationship to existence.

As science has done a much better job of explaining these things, albeit only the how, never the why, it has steadily eroded religious explanations and rendered them increasingly absurd. Now hardcore apologists find themselves forced into smaller and smaller corners- squeezing god into the small gaps in our knowledge. Generations ago, god was responsible for all - the rain, the sun, the stars in the sky - but now he is only invoked to explain the most esoteric, confounding aspects of existence: why does the universe seem fine tuned for life as we know it (god); why is there anything at all rather than nothing? (god) - and so on and so forth.

I hope you see my point, but based on your previous query, I'm not so sure whether you're not being intentionally obtuse.

newfie

What? Is this a serious question? .

It was a serious question, I've not exposed myself to what you claim below, Your statement makes it sounds as if all religions say this. thus I thought you could share your religious experience with me and let me know which ones told you what you posted below?

"I said that religion's claim to be the sole provider of answers to the big questions"

wkmac

When you mix politics with religion. :laugh:

12494956_973414292751376_3236215073794764690_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.