Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkmac

You know what I say to atheists who approach me?

Hi.

We have something in common, I say the same to theists. Literally every day in most cases of interactions with most people. And they almost always say hi back.

Amazing how that works!

Oh, I almost forgot, HI!;)

bbsam

Staff member
We have something in common, I say the same to theists. Literally every day in most cases of interactions with most people. And they almost always say hi back.

Amazing how that works!

Oh, I almost forgot, HI!;)
:)!

Good day!

wkmac

12647030_974560665970072_7461608759383296479_n.jpg

Religion in pre-Islamic Arabia

wkmac

The study found a steady rise in those claiming no religious affiliation.

The team's mathematical model attempts to account for the interplay between the number of religious respondents and the social motives behind being one.

The result, reported at the American Physical Society meeting in Dallas, US, indicates that religion will all but die out altogether in those countries.

Religion may become extinct in nine nations, study says

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
it can be whatever you want it to be

I want it to be gone from this planet, along with Christianity and every other destructive and idiotic organized religion. Baffles me how grown adults much older than me believe in that nonsense. I realized God was a sham when I was 6.

newfie

I want it to be gone from this planet, along with Christianity and every other destructive and idiotic organized religion. Baffles me how grown adults much older than me believe in that nonsense. I realized God was a sham when I was 6.

and if you don't get your wish will you pout?

wkmac

Hopefully the US is next, good riddance

I think it should be noted that not taking part in an organized religion does not conflate to meaning people have no religious belief at all. Seems to me some of the very early posts by others in this thread points this out and quite well I might add.

The less centralized religion becomes, the more diverse as people reach their own conclusions about the state and nature of god. In its own way, this seems to me to raise the potential of a lot more tolerate society as finding god becomes a purely personal journey as well as personal conclusions and not a cultural or collective one. God, No God or something in between can manifest in as many ways as there are people to consider the idea(s).

newfie

Nice response.

thanks, I don't understand why your hatred of religion is so important to you. I don't really care what you want to believe in but I've found that many atheists are much more vocal in expressing their anti- religion fervor then religious types are in expressing their pro-religion beliefs.

I therefore wonder if most atheists who are so vocal didn't have some traumatic event in their life that they have in some way decided to blame religion for.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
thanks, I don't understand why your hatred of religion is so important to you. I don't really care what you want to believe in but I've found that many atheists are much more vocal in expressing their anti- religion fervor then religious types are in expressing their pro-religion beliefs.

I therefore wonder if most atheists who are so vocal didn't have some traumatic event in their life that they have in some way decided to blame religion for.

I don't "hate" religion and it's not even an important issue to me, just chiming in my two cents here.

I don't know any atheists that show up to your door on weekend mornings wanting to discuss anti-religion.

As far as traumatic events? Can't speak for everyone, but I was raised in an agnostic household and left to make up my own mind about God. I figured out he was a fairy tale around the same time I stopped believing in Santa, maybe even before.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't "hate" religion and it's not even an important issue to me, just chiming in my two cents here.

I don't know any atheists that show up to your door on weekend mornings wanting to discuss anti-religion.

As far as traumatic events? Can't speak for everyone, but I was raised in an agnostic household and left to make up my own mind about God. I figured out he was a fairy tale around the same time I stopped believing in Santa, maybe even before.

You've just given me a great idea. I can take my entire family and go through a couple of neighborhoods a day spreading the word of agnosticism. We'll start at 0500 so people will be full of energy and understanding! We'll ride bicycles and wear white shirts and plastic name plates. Thank you!

newfie

so when you asked your agnostic parents if there was a god what did they tell their six year old child?

Status
Not open for further replies.