Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What word would you prefer I use to make u happy? Looks like u know what I meant, or have we gotten that lost in pc
Point was I have no idea what you really mean when you say believe, because the word itself is ambiguous.
This has nothing to do with political correctness.

tourists24

Point was I have no idea what you really mean when you say believe, because the word itself is ambiguous.
This has nothing to do with political correctness.
Well I think most people will understand exactly my point. So as I have my whole life I Believe i will continue to use "believe"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wow what a derail
KRY4xj.gif

upsgrunt

It amazes me that this thread is visited and posted on more by people who don't believe, and choose to ridicule faith and religion, than those who do. If you don't believe, good for you, but why the incessant need to put down and degrade what some of us do believe? Isn't that pushing your beliefs and values onto us?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It amazes me that this thread is visited and posted on more by people who don't believe, and choose to ridicule faith and religion, than those who do. If you don't believe, good for you, but why the incessant need to put down and degrade what some of us do believe? Isn't that pushing your beliefs and values onto us?
What amazes me is some christians' need to feel persecuted.
Fedex is the only one in this thread putting down christians. It's just one person.
Simply discussing religion isn't putting it down or degrading it. I think the people who are usually most offended by religious discussions are the ones who think their opinions are facts.

tourists24

Fedex is the only one in this thread putting down christians. It's just one person.
Simply discussing religion isn't putting it down or degrading it. I think the people who are usually most offended by religious discussions are the ones who think their opinions are facts.
I do agree with you here Drive. No problem talking religion or lack of. I do think FedEx is disrespectful and ridicules Christianity. He deserves to be treated in the same manner if he goes down that path

upsgrunt

Christians don't "need" to feel persecuted- they ARE the most persecuted religion in the world.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Christians don't "need" to feel persecuted- they ARE the most persecuted religion in the world.
Okay?
Whether they are or not doesn't change the need. Case and point is your view of being persecuted even though you're in a country where christianity is the norm, and where christians are undeniably not being persecuted. The persecution factor is deeply embedded in the history of the religion itself, it goes all the way back to the man himself, maybe even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.