Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkmac

Christians don't "need" to feel persecuted- they ARE the most persecuted religion in the world.

You need to take this issue up with god rather than crying about it here. I mean this has been the case for 2k years and your holy writings even say this condition was going to be so.

Being your god is the creator of the universe, knows all, sees all, I believe this is all a part of his divine plan. If you have an issue with it, you have an issue with god's divine plan and thus are playing with the fires of hell and your eternal damnation.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I don't understand all this fuss .
My religion ( which I shall not mention ) is far superior to all the other religions . And this should end all discussions .

wkmac

I don't understand all this fuss .
My religion ( which I shall not mention ) is far superior to all the other religions . And this should end all discussions .

I always thought your religion was to worship at the Holy House of the Invisible Birth Certificate. ;)

upsgrunt

Okay?
Whether they are or not doesn't change the need. Case and point is your view of being persecuted even though you're in a country where christianity is the norm, and where christians are undeniably not being persecuted. The persecution factor is deeply embedded in the history of the religion itself, it goes all the way back to the man himself, maybe even further.

I appreciate your responses, can tolerate your opinions, and applaud your tact in most of your answers.
I cannot appreciate that you are a 20 something, think they know more than anyone, over user of the lucky charms kind of person. I mean, do you feel like that gives you power? Whatever you don't agree with is disagree, funny, or derail. Give it a break.

upsgrunt

You need to take this issue up with god rather than crying about it here. I mean this has been the case for 2k years and your holy writings even say this condition was going to be so.

Being your god is the creator of the universe, knows all, sees all, I believe this is all a part of his divine plan. If you have an issue with it, you have an issue with god's divine plan and thus are playing with the fires of hell and your eternal damnation.

I'm not crying.
The Bible says "blessed are the persecuted", and "take great joy in your trials", but this will be "funny" to some people.

wkmac

I'm not crying.
The Bible says "blessed are the persecuted", and "take great joy in your trials", but this will be "funny" to some people.

See, persecution is just god covering you with blessings. You should pray for pain and suffering and rejoice daily in getting it as proof of god's wonderful love upon you as he truly does love you.

Just so you are bathed in god's grace and love, I hope you even suffer the same trials as Job. You truly deserve such heavenly goodness!

tourists24

See, persecution is just god covering you with blessings. You should pray for pain and suffering and rejoice daily in getting it as proof of god's wonderful love upon you as he truly does love you.

Just so you are bathed in god's grace and love, I hope you even suffer the same trials as Job. You truly deserve such heavenly goodness!
Wow...

upsgrunt

Thanks- I wish you the best as well, but I truly hope you don't lose your family, your house, your fortune, and your possessions. I don't think God would do that to you to show Satan how faithful you were.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I appreciate your responses, can tolerate your opinions, and applaud your tact in most of your answers.
I cannot appreciate that you are a 20 something, think they know more than anyone, over user of the lucky charms kind of person. I mean, do you feel like that gives you power? Whatever you don't agree with is disagree, funny, or derail. Give it a break.
I'm more of a Captain Crunch kind of kid, thanks for playing though.

wkmac

Thanks- I wish you the best as well, but I truly hope you don't lose your family, your house, your fortune, and your possessions. I don't think God would do that to you to show Satan how faithful you were.

You're welcome. I can't see any reason that god would want to persecute me as a means of blessing me but I do appreciate the kind thoughts. I wish you the best and hope you glory with your crown of thorns and your cross is not a burden but a delight to the soul.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What amazes me is some christians' need to feel persecuted.
Fedex is the only one in this thread putting down christians. It's just one person.
Simply discussing religion isn't putting it down or degrading it. I think the people who are usually most offended by religious discussions are the ones who think their opinions are facts.

Thanks for tossing me under the bus. The folks here who are whining about being persecuted and disrespected are all Christians. So, I'm not picking on anyone who hasn't invited the discussion. They claim it is all fact when it is belief/faith/whatever you want to call it. If you disagree with them, they whine even more because that is questioning Jesus/God/Holy Spirit, who is the only real true GOD/Holy Spirit/Trifecta/Trinity/Hat Trick. Absolute intolerance for anyone who believes in something other than Christianity. And, by God, we're a Christian Nation too, so our political system and laws need to reflect that. Screw everyone else who believes in a lesser god than ours.

Again, thanks for the bus trip. I expected more from you.

Last edited:

wkmac

What? You mean you don't want to be loved in the same manner as Jesus and Job?

Some long suffering christian you are. Want everything the easy way.

In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,

strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said.

Hey, maybe the Cubs taking out those Cardinals is a sign of tough times ahead to test you.

Praise God!

tourists24

Thanks for tossing me under the bus. The folks here who are whining about being persecuted and disrespected are all Christians. So, I'm not picking on anyone who hasn't invited the discussion. They claim it is all fact when it is belief/faith/whatever you want to call it. If you disagree with them, they whine even more because that is questioning Jesus/God/Holy Spirit, who is the only real true GOD/Holy Spirit/Trifecta/Trinity/Hat Trick. Absolute intolerance for anyone who believes in something other than Christianity. And, by God, we're a Christian Nation too, so our political system and laws need to reflect that. Screw everyone else who believes in a lesser god than ours.

He said it cuz that's what you do. You think because we discuss it we bring it on ourselves. If u respect u get it in return as far as I'm concerned. You don't so nothing will ever get accomplished talking about it with you. You bring the hate and get it in return.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

You're welcome?
I agree with what your saying, but the "space god" comments don't do you any favors when it comes to trying to have a reasonable discussion about religion, if such a thing is even possible. I get what you mean when you say space god, but I don't think they do, and I get the feeling you're saying it specifically with the intent to demean their opinions about a god.

I have no problem with you insulting christians. In fact I think some christians need someone like you in order to fulfill their underlying need to feel persecuted. If you want to play that part more power to you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He said it cuz that's what you do. You think because we discuss it we bring it on ourselves. If u respect u get it in return as far as I'm concerned. You don't so nothing will ever get accomplished talking about it with you. You bring the hate and get it in return.

In my opinion, your God is non-existent (Space God). If you can't take it, too bad. But it's OK to mock other religions, which is the same as calling their god a "Space God". Hypocrites...

I have no desire to persecute anyone, but if whining, uni-mind Christians read my discussion and comments about their religion and interpret it as persecution, their belief system is even weaker than I thought. They can't even have a decent debate defending their religion without resorting to denigrating other belief systems.

Like I said. For Christians, it's their way or the highway. Anyone who thinks differently needs to be put to death or marginalized.

Last edited:

tourists24

In my opinion, your God is non-existent (Space God). If you can't take it, too bad. But it's OK to mock other religions, which is the same as calling their god a "Space God". Hypocrites...

I have no desire to persecute anyone, but if whiny Christians read my discussion and comments about their religion and interpret as persecution, their belief system is even weaker than I thought.

Like I said. For Christians, it's their way or the highway. Anyone who thinks differently needs to be put to death or marginalized.
Boy that's the pot calling the kettle black. But so be it. I don't whine about this. Is what it is. I picked my side. You did the same. You have no respect for Christians so u get it back. No problem.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
e
Boy that's the pot calling the kettle black. But so be it. I don't whine about this. Is what it is. I picked my side. You did the same. You have no respect for Christians so u get it back. No problem.

Wrong. I don't care who you worship or why. I do care that Christians take their majority status and try and force-feed it to the rest of us. Christians who keep it to themselves (Matthew 6:6) are fine with me, as are any other religions who respect others right to believe how they wish.

Just this last week there was a Christian football coach who insisted on praying on the field despite being warned he could lose his job.He agreed to comply, and then reneged on that agreement after getting legal support and advice from a conservative Texas-based Christian Rights organization. Public school, public football field, etc. He deserves to be fired. Had he been a Muslim, Hindu, insert other religion here _____, he would have been fired immediately and the self-righteous Christian community would have zero problem with it. No persecution, just following federal laws, but as far as the Jesus folks are concerned, this man is being persecuted. Uh, no.

More hypocrisy.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Point was I have no idea what you really mean when you say believe, because the word itself is ambiguous.
This has nothing to do with political correctness.
Yeah, you know.
The ambiguity of believe or faith is it's strength.
It's not binary thinking - yes or no.
Some men, usually good hunters (even with a club), do not seem to have the wiring in their mind that allows for non-binary logic.

wkmac

e

Wrong. I don't care who you worship or why. I do care that Christians take their majority status and try and force-feed it to the rest of us. Christians who keep it to themselves (Matthew 6:6) are fine with me, as are any other religions who respect others right to believe how they wish.

Just this last week there was a Christian football coach who insisted on praying on the field despite being warned he could lose his job.He agreed to comply, and then reneged on that agreement after getting legal support and advice from a conservative Texas-based Christian Rights organization. Public school, public football field, etc. He deserves to be fired. Had he been a Muslim, Hindu, insert other religion here _____, he would have been fired immediately and the self-righteous Christian community would have zero problem with it. No persecution, just following federal laws, but as far as the Jesus folks are concerned, this man is being persecuted. Uh, no.

More hypocrisy.

This last week I was given a scenario in which a high school football coach after a game was concluded, on his own action, went to mid field and prayed. After observing said coach do this on several occasions, a number of players on their own choice also joined the coach for prayer. This was the scenario given to me and asked what I thought of this. I inquired if all parties did this on a voluntary basis nor was this an official action by the school itself and I was told all participants did so as a voluntary action acting as individuals and was told this is correct.

If this is the same case and all is voluntary and not as official school policy, then on the grounds of both free thought and free association they should not be interfered with taking part in this expression. If the coach and players were muslim, hindu, satanist some variation of pagan, turf grass worshiper, whatever, the same still applies. If the State nor any of its actors are organizing nor demanding compliance as a result of their official capacity as a representative of or on behalf of the state, then their liberty should not only not be disturbed but should be honored and respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.