Relocation - Toledo Hub

Teamplayer

Can anyone give me information about the Toledo Hub? I'm thinking about relocating there and would like to get some information. I'm currently working at the KC Hub. Thanks for any info!:cool:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Can anyone give me information about the Toledo Hub? I'm thinking about relocating there and would like to get some information. I'm currently working at the KC Hub. Thanks for any info!:cool:

Unless you're re-locating for school, this question is moot. That is, unless you want to start over in terms of seniorty, pay, ETC. And I do mean OVER. Just like a new-hire. There are posts on this board about this subject. -Rock

trickpony1

Can anyone say "discrimination"?

Years ago, one couldn't get a PT job unless one was going to school. The company has obviously relaxed that requirement (gosh, I wonder why).
Now the company is saying one can't transfer and retain their standings unless one is going to school and, apparently, if one isn't going to school then one really gets screwed?

Okay, Tieguy, this is where you tell me how stupid I am but don't use the "D" word.

I'm waiting..........

SoCal_UPSer

Isn't it the contract that states that a transfer must be "for educational purposes" ? Am I mistaken that the bargaining unit votes on that? Therefore it is your brother and sisters that have determined that NOT "the company"!

trickpony1

Correct me if I am mistaken but I believe the contract is a mutually agreed upon document. The two parties would be the union AND "the company".

trickpony1

A reasonable person could easily assume that going to school is an arbitrary and capricious measure the company uses to delineate how some transferees are treated.
I'm surprised this hasn't been challenged in court.

A

ACKCD

A reasonable person could easily assume that going to school is an arbitrary and capricious measure the company uses to delineate how some transferees are treated.

Probably time to say "no" to all transferring hourly and let that be the end of it.

trickpony1

Well, excuse me!
I guess I'm the only person on this board that thinks that allowing ONLY those PT'ers that are going to school to transfer (without losing their standings) serves to segregate the genetically superior individuals to replenish the gene pool.

But then I shouldn't have expected anything less from the elitest culture of our company.

I guess the non-scholarly types will be relegated to their subserviant positions in life and be denied yet another opportunity

Jim Casey would be proud.

doug

There are a few supplements across the country that allows tranffers within there region, I worked with my local and submitted a proposal for 2008, so far it has made it past many cuts, since others have it we think it will pass. The draw back is that the one taking the transfer takes a hit , you keep your pay, vacations, and senoirty but go to the bottom of the list in the new building. For me and my family transfers would give us choices about where we live and my wifes career, she have been offered a great postion in the eastern part of our state, I have been with UPS 21 years, I like my job and would like to finish my time, with some flexabilty .

tieguy

Banned

arbitrarily and capriciously supported by collective bargaining. You can not negotiate your own contract if you do not agree with what both parties agreed to. You can not normally litigate the provisions of the contract.

but then what do I know I'm just a poor dumb management driver. :)

tieguy

Banned
Well, excuse me!
I guess I'm the only person on this board that thinks that allowing ONLY those PT'ers that are going to school to transfer (without losing their standings) serves to segregate the genetically superior individuals to replenish the gene pool.

But then I shouldn't have expected anything less from the elitest culture of our company.

I guess the non-scholarly types will be relegated to their subserviant positions in life and be denied yet another opportunity

Jim Casey would be proud.

wow,
genetically superior individuals replenishing the gene pool. My you have been doing some reading while on central sort time.