Remember We Are All Just Tools

No Syncro

If you ever happen to be around when UPS decides that a package car isn't worth rebuilding one more time, you should see your own future. We are all just there to make money for the stockholder, and once a younger, cheaper, more compliant, money maker comes along, you are done for. It really doesn't matter that you never had an accident, or injury. It doesn't matter that your customers loved you. Stockholders are only interested in making money. Money only loves money. Next time they decommission a package car, take a moment to watch. Watch the mechanics strip off the UPS symbols, drain the oil and coolant, and pull the engine. If you can look at that, and see yourself, there is actually hope, because then you know that the job can't last forever, and you can start working on a plan.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you ever happen to be around when UPS decides that a package car isn't worth rebuilding one more time, you should see your own future. We are all just there to make money for the stockholder, and once a younger, cheaper, more compliant, money maker comes along, you are done for. It really doesn't matter that you never had an accident, or injury. It doesn't matter that your customers loved you. Stockholders are only interested in making money. Money only loves money. Next time they decommission a package car, take a moment to watch. Watch the mechanics strip off the UPS symbols, drain the oil and coolant, and pull the engine. If you can look at that, and see yourself, there is actually hope, because then you know that the job can't last forever, and you can start working on a plan.

You mean there are people who don't realize this already?
If they don't understand the obviousness of the business world (not just UPS), I'm not sure they understand how to plan or will take the initiative to plan.

curiousbrain

You mean there are people who don't realize this already?
If they don't understand the obviousness of the business world (not just UPS), I'm not sure they understand how to plan or will take the initiative to plan.

Well that pretty much sums it up I would say.

You might be a tool but I'm not. I pay taxes give to charity do laundry dishes wash floors and change diapers. Plus I rub my wife's feet three times a week.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
You might be a tool but I'm not. I pay taxes give to charity do laundry dishes wash floors and change diapers. Plus I rub my wife's feet three times a week.

My feet are available on one of those night for you to rub when you are not rubbing her feet.
She is lucky to have you.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Much like a tool, I only do one job, doing it well is my function. One of the benefits of being a tool is I have no loyalty to the machine I service.