Remembering Reagan on His 100th B'day!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, Feb 4, 2011.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

2. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I miss the days of just threatening our enemies with nukes.

3. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

instead of giving away our allies secrets to our enemies.

4. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

It's not too late. We could just give Iran five nuclear warheads and tell them, "Take care of them, because if you don't we will turn your entire nation into a vast nuclear wasteland. By the way, we lose more nukes in a year than you have right now. Have a good day."

5. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Tell them they now have the ability to defend themselves but also let them know we have 5000 more as backup.

6. bbsam

See? With the proper Cold War mentallity the good old days of nuclear holocaust are just around the corner!

7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Peace and Goodwill towards all men.

8. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

hey, we women want a piece too !!

9. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

God Bless America.

10. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

OK! Follow me.

Lasted edited by : Feb 5, 2011
  11. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Because of Reagan, I learned what National Pride felt like and that it was really okay to be an American.

Trust me, as an teenaged American girl, politics really did not matter or affect me, I was more concerned with how my hair feathered, driving my Mom's car with the big V8, scoring high on the ACT and SAT tests and showing off my boobees.

Ronnie caused me to pause and take notice.

Give him an Oscar.
    He got the attention of a self-centered, private Catholic all-girls school, stuck-up and "better than you" BIA-cth.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  12. bbsam

So it's because of Ronnie that you stopped showing off you boobees? And we are to believe that this is a good thing?

13. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

14. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Nope.
    I just poked guys in the eye with them while on the campaign trail for Ronnie.

15. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Long live Mr. Reagan. Was a very good man

16. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

David Stockman, Reagan Budget Director

17. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I'd say that sums it up pretty well.

18. bbsam

And to that the collective nation should say, "Uh-Oh."

19. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

William A. Niskenen, member of Reagan's Council of Economic Advisors 81'-85' and now Chairman of the Cato Institute. From his article "Reaganomics" in the Concise Encyclopedia of Economics that I quoted above, Niskenen by all accounts was also not completely negative on Reagan either in the piece and also rightly pointed out other factors to blame. What I also found most interesting was on the issue of de-regulation, an issue that democrats love to use as a whipping boy against Reagan but let's turn it on it's head.

Quoting Niskenen in paragraph #7:

The 2 most powerful myths that both republicans and democrats have to hide, Niskenen exposes for all to see. That is republicans have held the mantle of de-regulation as a badge of honor and assigned to Ronnie when in truth de-regulation slowed under his watch and wasn't the biggee we are lead to believe it was. At the same time while democrats whipped that de-regulation pony into the ground, turns out their man Carter was the stable boy that fed and watered it into existence in the first place. When you consider Niskenen's position and perspective then and now, it proves most interesting to say the least!

20. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

The greatest gift of Ronald Reagan's Legacy is Awareness of Alzheimer's.

Imagine yourself in his shoes.
    Imagine looking in the mirror knowing that someday you will be a shell.

Acts of brave men are selfless...