RENEGOTIATION ISP INS-OUTS

bacha29

Ins some markets, yes. but in those states who have older populations and have better jobs to offer people don't have to look far to find something better than being some contractors mule.

Exec32

Fair? No. Now decide if you want to sign or not.
Actually its more complicated than that. What a contractor with that type of attitude fails to realize is how these actions that go unchallenged errowd your equity, and encourages the common abusive tactics towards their workers that are now standard among spineless contractors. I would rather sign it and #uck with them than roll over and screw your workers and say, well that's the way it is. You are part of the problem.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually its more complicated than that. What a contractor with that type of attitude fails to realize is how these actions that go unchallenged errowd your equity, and encourages the common abusive tactics towards their workers that are now standard among spineless contractors. I would rather sign it and #uck with them than roll over and screw your workers and say, well that's the way it is. You are part of the problem.
Remain or leave. X doesn't care. Wage your little battle. Hell, pay yourself $1 a day and the rest to your drivers if it makes you feel good. It doesn't make you part of the solution.

Exec32

Remain or leave. X doesn't care. Wage your little battle. Hell, pay yourself $1 a day and the rest to your drivers if it makes you feel good. It doesn't make you part of the solution.
X prospers because they know they can find people like you, willing to compromise everything to be hand feed a business, call it yours, control everything you do. This tactic runs counter to the values of REAL BUSINESS ENTREPRENEURS, apparently you have never owned a business.
When this ends you will not succeed in the REAL business world.

bbsam

Staff member
X prospers because they know they can find people like you, willing to compromise everything to be hand feed a business, call it yours, control everything you do. This tactic runs counter to the values of REAL BUSINESS ENTREPRENEURS, apparently you have never owned a business.
Are you not.an ISP?

Bounty

He never owned a business and still doesn't. He believes he does and he believes he is a great negotiator. Its actually hilarious!

Exec32

Are you not.an ISP?
No im not ISP still IC.
As you can tell I am frustrated. X wants us to solve all their problems going into transition, define my area, sell or buy, not know if your trucks will be accepted, invest in resources, all before you they dictate a preconceived rate under the guise of NEGOTIATIONS. WHAT a hoax....

bbsam

Staff member
No im not ISP still IC.
As you can tell I am frustrated. X wants us to solve all their problems going into transition, define my area, sell or buy, not know if your trucks will be accepted, invest in resources, all before you they dictate a preconceived rate under the guise of NEGOTIATIONS. WHAT a hoax....
You are.awfully critical of me and other contractors/ISP's here. I highly suggest you sell and get out. If you are banking on some kind of unified front of contractors to help in your decision, well I haven't seen any tangible evidence that something like that is forthcoming.

bacha29

No im not ISP still IC.
You summed it all up. ISP still contains the same basic structure as IC. A former single route contractor I knew said it all just before he quit. "This is when you start. This is when you stop This is what you wear This is what you drive This is where you go. This is how you'll do it. Yet they call you an independent contractor What are they basing it on"?

Exec32

You are.awfully critical of me and other contractors/ISP's here. I highly suggest you sell and get out. If you are banking on some kind of unified front of contractors to help in your decision, well I haven't seen any tangible evidence that something like that is forthcoming.
Critical only in areas of prepective. I to believe the law should change, I also agree you can sign it or not. Where I differ on is the acceptance of how X proceeds very often outside the literal content of the contract and continues to be left unchallenged.
I don't expect a unified effort by contractors, only that it is possible, and until we really take that reality seriously it will only get worse for you and me.

Bounty

Critical only in areas of prepective. I to believe the law should change, I also agree you can sign it or not. Where I differ on is the acceptance of how X proceeds very often outside the literal content of the contract and continues to be left unchallenged.
I don't expect a unified effort by contractors, only that it is possible, and until we really take that reality seriously it will only get worse for you and me.
Exec32, you are barking up the wrong tree.
Bbsam will not challenge anything X says, he is a good little puppet that will sign anything and everything that X puts in front of him. He will never admit that X has screwed him, it's blind love.

bacha29

Keep in mind one thing. The lack of a contract with the ability to bind X to that language and the absence of a professional representative to negotiate in behalf of all contractors will be the downfall of those who remain. X will continue to take ISP's and play them off against one another in order to get the revenue concessions they want because the opportunity is there to get the money to fund their long range objectives and getting it is easy. So bbsam you can call upon Exec32 to sell out but at the same time I believe that due to the fact that the best profit years for the vast majority of contractors are behind them, I think that the best time is now for you to get out as well.

bbsam

Staff member
Exec32, you are barking up the wrong tree.
Bbsam will not challenge anything X says, he is a good little puppet that will sign anything and everything that X puts in front of him. He will never admit that X has screwed him, it's blind love.
I haven't signed a schedule K in years and won't this year either. Of course you have no idea what that even means, do you?

bbsam

Staff member
But we don't really differ at all. I agree that X plays "fast and loose" while making legal definitions of the contract they wrote. Problem is that once you or I sign it, we've basically accepted that's how it will be. Legal battles, arbitration...all a headache. If that reality is too depressing,.then don't sign. If it's still better than anything else you got, then sign. You know the game they play. I'd love to believe the rules would change to benefit contractors but i have yet to see any indication of that.

Exec32

But we don't really differ at all. I agree that X plays "fast and loose" while making legal definitions of the contract they wrote. Problem is that once you or I sign it, we've basically accepted that's how it will be. Legal battles, arbitration...all a headache. If that reality is too depressing,.then don't sign. If it's still better than anything else you got, then sign. You know the game they play. I'd love to believe the rules would change to benefit contractors but i have yet to see any indication of that.

Bounty

I haven't signed a schedule K in years and won't this year either. Of course you have no idea what that even means, do you?
I'm sure in your mind, by not signing schedule k you have won an epic battle and won another negotiation. Congrats!!