repo man

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In Sober's example, I would have sheeted the call tag as "moved" and wrote "vacant house" on the back of the tag. Making 3 attempts in the situation as he described it was a waste of time and resources, especially since the call tag is for the receiver, not the dish.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I have found that when I drop off the empty box, if they are home, I tell them where the nearest drop spot is for it to be picked up. I add that if I come back to get it with a call tag, that they will probably be charged for that. Since I started doing that, I see far fewer dish tags. Well, it worked when I was on the same route for a long time. Now I am just doing the regular guy a favor.

When I go to PU a dish call tag. They are never ready the 1st day, so I tell them to have it ready tomorrow and leave it on the porch. If it is not on the porch, leave a note if you still need the tag. Most of the time, I either pu the 2nd day or 'refused, cust cancelled.'

The only time I leave RS3s is when I am picking up the stop later in the day. If Dave is throwing an RS3 between the door, he should probably start sending out resumes.
He is very close with the "management team". Doing favors for the folks upstairs allows for leeway in how the job is performed. And yes- you won't hear much from him once you point out he is doing something wrong. You may remember his silence when he did not realize that he got pay increases.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He is very close with the "management team". Doing favors for the folks upstairs allows for leeway in how the job is performed. And yes- you won't hear much from him once you point out he is doing something wrong. You may remember his silence when he did not realize that he got pay increases.

It may/may not surprise you to know that I am not the only one in our center who does this with Dish call tags.

What'dyabringmetoday???

It may/may not surprise you to know that I am not the only one in our center who does this with Dish call tags.
But you are the only one bragging about it on BrownCafe. And you refuse to admit you are wrong when OTHERS call you out on it. It is hard for any of us to admit we are wrong. It is easy for some to believe that they do no wrong.

Indecisi0n

I guess I must have overlooked the part on my application where it said I had to justify myself to you or to anyone else.

WRONG.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ummm, no disrespect meant, but the call tags are for the recievers in the house, not the dish on the roof. I have a couple of the dishes, if anybody wants one.:angry:
In Sober's example, I would have sheeted the call tag as "moved" and wrote "vacant house" on the back of the tag. Making 3 attempts in the situation as he described it was a waste of time and resources, especially since the call tag is for the receiver, not the dish.

Dishnetwork requires that you return the receiver as well as a small piece that is part of the dish on the roof.
I don't remember the name for it, transducer maybe?
I went through the process several years ago.
The whole purpose for the call tag is to give the customer every opportunity to return the equipment before they get charged for it.
The call tag is not issued until they are 30 days late being returned via RS label.
Like so many procedures, it is all about liability.
While on the surface it may seem frustrating to those of you that haven't embraced the notion that you are selling your time to UPS, reality dictates that it is most certainly one of the easiest tasks of the day.
Taking liberties like the ones being discussed here is only short changing the customer, Dishnetwork.
Unless a new occupant opens the door or leaves a note saying that the person has moved along with any and all Dishnetwork equipment, go there for the prescribed three days.
Why wouldn't you?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess when I see an abandoned home I assume no one is living there and that it wouldn't make any sense to go there two more times just to confirm that no one has moved in.

Sheet call tag as "moved" and type "vacant house" in the remarks on the back of the call tag. The tag will be RTS'd. Going there 3 times would be a waste of time and resources and could be construed as stealing time/padding stops.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I guess when I see an abandoned home I assume no one is living there and that it wouldn't make any sense to go there two more times just to confirm that no one has moved in. Sheet call tag as "moved" and type "vacant house" in the remarks on the back of the call tag. The tag will be RTS'd. Going there 3 times would be a waste of time and resources and could be construed as stealing time/padding stops.

Quit trying to make sense and make service.
It is what the customer paid for.
Do you understand the premise of liability?
Do you understand Dishnetwork wants to be able to say we provided you with a return box and RS label, then subsequently 3 opportunities via call tag, that is why we are charging your credit card for our equipment?

Going there 3 times is not a waste of time or resources, nor is it stealing time/padding stops.
It is simply giving the customer, Dishnetwork, the service they contracted us to do.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I guess I must have overlooked the part on my application where it said I had to justify myself to you or to anyone else.
Of course, your application included a part where it said everyone else must justify themselves to you. You weigh in on most threads and point out everyone's shortcomings. Yet, you are unable to receive the same criticism when it is directed at you. Peruse some of your thousands of posts and you may get an understanding of my point. Notice I said "may".

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Of course, your application included a part where it said everyone else must justify themselves to you. You weigh in on most threads and point out everyone's shortcomings. Yet, you are unable to receive the same criticism when it is directed at you. Peruse some of your thousands of posts and you may get an understanding of my point. Notice I said "may".

Excellent!!!
​Bye Dave

QKRSTKR

Some call him a troll. I think he trolled us all on this one.

When a house is completely vacant I would put down moved/ house vacant, and only make one attempt. I would never leave a RS3 tag in a door and stop complete as picked up. Someone should do an audit in upstate and see if dish has a lot of lost receivers.

bigblu 2 you

I guess when I see an abandoned home I assume no one is living there and that it wouldn't make any sense to go there two more times just to confirm that no one has moved in.

Sheet call tag as "moved" and type "vacant house" in the remarks on the back of the call tag. The tag will be RTS'd. Going there 3 times would be a waste of time and resources and could be construed as stealing time/padding stops.
in my area,you cannot assume a home is vacant.there are a lot of people "living off the grid"these days.ive delivered to people living in tool sheds.

yeldarb

On call tags, if I talk to someone on the first attempt for dish network, I will tell them to just leave it on the porch the following day. If its not there, I assume they either took it to the ups store or are not sending it back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On call tags, if I talk to someone on the first attempt for dish network, I will tell them to just leave it on the porch the following day. If its not there, I assume they either took it to the ups store or are not sending it back.

So do you complete the call tag or sheet as NR1?

yeldarb

If its not ready on the first, I'll tell them to leave it on the porch. A lot of times it's not ready, and I will let them know I will come for two more days. If its not there, ill do a nr2. Then, nr3.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Ummm, no disrespect meant, but the call tags are for the recievers in the house, not the dish on the roof.

I have a couple of the dishes, if anybody wants one.:angry:

I honestly didnt know that. I always thought the call tags were for the dish. I have cable in my home, I've never dealt with a dish.

kingOFchester

Superdave said:

But this is not what you said from the start. Vacant homes were not the issues being discussed when you made your "one and done".

Superdave said:
Are there any drivers besides me who will do "one and done" on these call tags, telling the consignee where they can bring their returns if they are home and pkg is not ready or leaving the tags between the doors if they are not home?

So you ask “are there any other drivers besides yourself who do a one and done on the Dish call tags“, but yet you now say some drivers in your center do this.

Also this response was way before the talk about abandoned houses.

You then go on to explain your “one and done” here:

Superdave said:
Scan, stop complete, residential

Still at this point there was no talk about abandoned houses.