Reported to Integrity: Irreg driver unsafe practice.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Re: My problem

One of the irreg drivers is on the commitee. Another is just as bad at following saftey rules unless it is someone else. I have gone to the saftey sup about this issue and nothing gets done.
Kis124,

What are the specific safety rules that you have reported?

Driving recklessly fast in the building, violating speed limit regulations?

Individuals like this have no place as employee representatives on a safety committe and they should be immediately removed by the local union officials.

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Re: My problem

Kis124,

What are the specific safety rules that you have reported?

Driving recklessly fast in the building, violating speed limit regulations?

Individuals like this have no place as employee representatives on a safety committe and they should be immediately removed by the local union officials.

Sincerely,
I
http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/s...-who-suggested-348405/index4.html#post1087429
Yet you won't even contact anyone and you're giving advice?

Nimnim

The Nim
Oh the stories I can tell as an irreg driver. A couple points though that have been brought up, speed and horn usage.

We're not supposed to go faster than "walking pace" but that's subjective as everyone has different walk paces. The "mules" , yes that's what we call them and it's actually the manufacturer designated model name for the ones we use, have a max speed of 9 mph but they are so old most don't get anywhere close to that.

As far as horn usage, we're supposed to use the horn when starting and stopping, approaching corners and blind areas as well as when approaching other people to alert them. The horns are such a common occurrence that no one pays attention to them after a bit. I have had times where I've held that button down for the horn for a good 10 seconds while someone stands between my tubs or too close to the train without them caring. When that happens I either yell at them or tap the accelerator to take any slack out of the couplings which gets any ones attention. Before anyone tells me that's unsafe when I take the slack out each tub will move a fraction of an inch and that's no where near enough to run someone over and I wouldn't have to do that if they paid attention to the horn anyways.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our irreg driver operates the tug in a very safe manner. Part of his "route" is through the area where the drivers hang out before start time and he is very patient. The only concern I have is he often tries to move Over 70's on his own without asking for help. He is young kid who has yet to learn his limitations. If I happen to be nearby when he is struggling with an Over 70 I will lend a hand and then remind him that he should always ask for help.

gorilla75jdw

wow , the scabs we work with nowadays kill me . Worry abut loading your loads and unloading your trailors . When you get enough seniorty to be an irreg driver , then you might understand the bafoons who walk like zombies right in front of the irreg drivers , inwhich whom are operating as they have been trained to do so . Until then , stay the hell out of the way . Just another attempt by a bottom of the totem pole , scab to sabotage a real Teamster . Its scabs like these snitches who are trying to dismantle the union from within , from top to bottom . Let them graduate to package car or feeders and watch the snitchery esculate as they seem to think anything another real Teamster brother does is unsafe .

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our irreg driver operates the tug in a very safe manner. Part of his "route" is through the area where the drivers hang out before start time and he is very patient. The only concern I have is he often tries to move Over 70's on his own without asking for help. He is young kid who has yet to learn his limitations. If I happen to be nearby when he is struggling with an Over 70 I will lend a hand and then remind him that he should always ask for help.

I admire how you are always able to make the best out of a great situation.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
wow , the scabs we work with nowadays kill me . Worry abut loading your loads and unloading your trailors . When you get enough seniorty to be an irreg driver , then you might understand the bafoons who walk like zombies right in front of the irreg drivers , inwhich whom are operating as they have been trained to do so . Until then , stay the hell out of the way . Just another attempt by a bottom of the totem pole , scab to sabotage a real Teamster . Its scabs like these snitches who are trying to dismantle the union from within , from top to bottom . Let them graduate to package car or feeders and watch the snitchery esculate as they seem to think anything another real Teamster brother does is unsafe .

LOL, most of our irregular drivers are low-seniority guys (2-6 years). Here, management selects the persons... I filed & lost on this several years ago, because of "past precedent" B.S.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
LOL, most of our irregular drivers are low-seniority guys (2-6 years). Here, management selects the persons... I filed & lost on this several years ago, because of "past precedent" B.S.

File labor charges is the "decision" is contrary to contractual language.
We should not accept bad decisions.