reporting a center manager?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
via the 800 number for threatening ods messages anyone ever done this?

I would utilize the grievance process first - you'll probably get more "transparent" results. Also, all ODS messages can be pulled from the records by your BA.

If you're considering using the 1-800 number in order to avoid the "heat" a grievance might bring down, your manager will still find any way he can to **** you if you're not doing your job by the book. They can usually find out who dropped a dime on them.

Spicybrother

I've called the number. They can not retaliate for you calling. That's how it works. If they do, call again.Just be damn sure you are doing your job in the first place. I had a manager get me in the back of a package car and threatened to "whip my @##$, Those type of guys never last. That guy was fired. If you call the number, be prepared to keep calling if the problem is not solved. If you are not up for all out war, don't pursue this course. My local is good now so I really did not need to call the last time.You seem kind of hesitant,so this may not be the course for you.

I used it on a manager. We had him for years, so I called a couple of times and some of the other drives in my center. It works very well but I had harassment grievances before I called and he was still on me and other drivers, so we called. It's a last resort. Just do your job and you can beat them every time. Good luck.

UPSGUY72

Did you get a picture of the message or have a copy of the message printed out for you when you go back to the building ? As Piedmontsteward said ODS message can be deleted. How do you know who sent it ??? Did you send a message and then they reply to you or did they just send you the message ? Was the threat a physical threat, or threaten your job. Was the threat based on you not follow a order or because your where to slow. As always you always follow directions first and file later unless it's a immediate safety issue.

DO you have a history of getting disciplined ??? or do your follow the methods and let the numbers fall where they fall ???

There are so many variables that we don't know that could have a big impact in whether or not you should call the 1-800 number. You should pick your battles wisely there can't retaliate however they could make your life and your fellow brother and sister a little harder by making sure you and they are follow the methods to a T.

Did you talk this situation over with you shop steward ???

Done it one time..that's all that was needed!I went through all the B.S. I could take. I really didn't want to do it,I try to keep everything in house. You know talk to your steward, talk to your boss ,file a grievance....when that didn't work I CALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told them my very detailed story...(yes I keep notes ..lots of them)!!! I told them my name and didn't want to keep it a secret . I wanted my boss to know that this Sheit was going to stop! and Stop right the friend...NOW!!! It worked for me...but only do it if you have no other choice!! Good luck and I feel your pain!!!