Reporting damaged delivery

MrAnderson

The other day my folks sent my wife and me a package containing multiple items, including two framed photos. One frame made it safe, the other came with shattered glass. Bubble wrap was around each and the box was packed very well. Being a management level person, should I report the damage? This is a first and I'm curious how reporting a damaged package would look to other members of management.

MrAnderson

I am serious. Reporting injuries is frowned upon while in management. Therefore, I am curious if this is also true for reporting damages.

Please note: This app allows for anonymity, however that does not mean manners can be foregone. Please be polite.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
obvious_troll.jpg

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You don't have a good management team if reporting injuries is frowned upon.

I wouldn't have a problem reporting a damage. I should receive subpar service just because I work for the company? I know my manager wouldn't care if I did report a damage that I received.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The other day my folks sent my wife and me a package containing multiple items, including two framed photos. One frame made it safe, the other came with shattered glass. Bubble wrap was around each and the box was packed very well. Being a management level person, should I report the damage? This is a first and I'm curious how reporting a damaged package would look to other members of management.

Did the shattered glass damage the photo? If not, why not just replace the glass and move on?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Accountability used to matter at UPS. When you don't report damage, you allow them to do a crappy job and think it's OK.

Your folks are the customers.......I think they should report it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS will do what it can to take care of the issue at the local level. As I suggested above, if the shattered glass did not damage the photo, it would be cheaper for the company to replace the glass and you would be made whole.

Reporting damages will not put a black mark on your record.

worldwide

Since you were NOT the shipper of the package, any claims paid would be your parents. They would have to file the claim and submit the proof of value for the damaged item and they would get reimbursed. You, or your parents, can start the claims process online at:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/claims/hlp/damage_process.html

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
You aren't serious are you? Well I guess you are. Why can't anybody be honest anymore? I know don't answer that. UPS needs to stop being in denial about the nature of our business. Injuries and damages do occur and should be handled accordingly. Sweeping things under the rug just makes things worse, does not prevent them. If it was me, management or hourly, on a small thing like this, I would just replace it and move on. Not because I would be afraid of what others would think, but because I'm sure the claims process is very convoluted. Glass in a picture frame is just not worth the time involved on a claim. UPS and all the other big companies know this fact. Most people will just go away. It's sad, oh well. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Returntosender

Action 9 investigates UPS insurance denials
CELEBRATION, Fla. —

Action 9's Todd Ulrich spent time investigating UPS insurance denials that have burned many customers.

A Celebration couple blames UPS for damaging their packages then refusing to pay the insurance claim. The couple said they also discovered the company they paid for insurance is not the UPS they thought it was.
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/action-9-investigates-ups-insurance-denials/njY8b/

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Dude, You're in management.
Just pay for the glass and move on.
Im a driver, I'd pay for the glass and move on.
Unless the frame and photo was damaged, ........C'MON.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Prior to working at UPS I used to work a managerial position at an automotive collision center. If I needed my own car fixed and decided to get it done there, but the work looked like ass, I would still raise hell. And if I worked management at UPS, that wouldn't change. Packages include $100 in insurance. Get yourself some new glass on the house.