Repositioning Cruise

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Haha, I can still talk a big game but really my best drinking days are behind me. I put down 7 beers in 45 minutes and someone's gonna carry me out...

rod

Retired 22 years
I've never done a cruise. We have talked about it but it seems like every time we are entertaining the idea then one them is shown on the news heading back to the barn with hundreds of puking/pooping passengers.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm seriously thinking about it, the only thing is we don't bid our 2015 vacations til November so I won't know for sure I can get those weeks til then. March isn't a big month for vacations but ya never know, and after making the move to feeders I'm back on the bottom half of the list again.

over9five

Staff member
I'm seriously thinking about it, the only thing is we don't bid our 2015 vacations til November so I won't know for sure I can get those weeks til then. March isn't a big month for vacations but ya never know, and after making the move to feeders I'm back on the bottom half of the list again.
^^^The main reason I'm not sure which cruise we'll do.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We've only ever cruised on Carnival, no particular reasons other than price and convenience. I wouldn't mind stepping up to Princess or Holland America though just to see how they compare.

over9five

Staff member
The "problem" is that the more times you cruise on a particular line, the more perks you get...

That is a fact. Just losing the Past Guest Party is enough for me to forget about switching.
I just got an email today about Med cruises with Costa Cruises. As they are a CCL, I would think booking with them would continue to add to our perks. Not sure tho, and I'm not ready to do a Med cruise just yet....

over9five

Staff member
Sorry @Jones. We won't be cruising with you this time, as we've booked the cruise out of San Juan.
Carnivals price has gone up $380 per person since we started looking at this. Luckily, we held a room at the lower price when we started.

Now to plan what to do on all those islands...

Sorry @Jones. We won't be cruising with you this time, as we've booked the cruise out of San Juan.
Carnivals price has gone up $380 per person since we started looking at this. Luckily, we held a room at the lower price when we started.

Search for a plane load of people?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

No worries mate, we booked one for Oct out of NY :wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
We like doing the all inclusive resort thing. I don't think my old ticker would stand the shock of seeing the bar bill after a cruise.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We like doing the all inclusive resort thing. I don't think my old ticker would stand the shock of seeing the bar bill after a cruise.
Yeah, that's the thing with cruises they are all inclusive except for the booze, and since you pay for everything with your cruise card which is linked to your credit card you can run up quite a tab without realizing it. On the other hand I've dollared out some all inclusive resort vacation packages and on a straight day to day cost comparison I've always found a cruise to be a lot cheaper up front so unless you're hitting that booze a lot harder than I usually do you'll probably at least break even.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah, that's the thing with cruises they are all inclusive except for the booze, and since you pay for everything with your cruise card which is linked to your credit card you can run up quite a tab without realizing it. On the other hand I've dollared out some all inclusive resort vacation packages and on a straight day to day cost comparison I've always found a cruise to be a lot cheaper up front so unless you're hitting that booze a lot harder than I usually do you'll probably at least break even.

I don't hit it hard but I do hit it steadily.